Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 1001

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

  1. #406
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,370

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You just argued that a fan who chastised his team for being on a 5-25 run through it's conference schedule is being elitist.

    Just on the face of your argument, I don't need 250 words. Only two are required-youre wrong.

    But the number of keystrokes isn't the interesting thing. One wonders why a member of a fanbase notorious for it's elitist attitudes and whose cherished team plays in a league that felt the need to name it's divisions "leaders" and "legends" feels the need to keep lecturing others on elitism. One can only guess that it must be because they feel like an authority.
    I do not know every poster's college football allegiance, so that the original poster was cutting on his own team was not known by me in my response. But to continually accuse ME of guilt by association is just childish. You have no proof that I take that attitude toward my team. So, please, just stop. And finally, "youre wrong" (autocorrect again?) is more childish and boorish behavior.

    How about this. I'll post in the SEC thread when I want to. Na na na boo boo. There, now we are posting the same level. Geesh. College football sure does seem to turn folks into blathering fools incapable of fighting fair.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #407
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,982

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I do not know every poster's college football allegiance, so that the original poster was cutting on his own team was not known by me in my response. But to continually accuse ME of guilt by association is just childish. You have no proof that I take that attitude toward my team. So, please, just stop. And finally, "youre wrong" (autocorrect again?) is more childish and boorish behavior.

    How about this. I'll post in the SEC thread when I want to. Na na na boo boo. There, now we are posting the same level. Geesh. College football sure does seem to turn folks into blathering fools incapable of fighting fair.
    Post away but dont be shocked when youre called out for making nonsensical arguments. And for the record it's patently obvious that concerning the argument in question, youre wrong. So apparently, don't be shocked when youre called out for needing to be called out which given the whole elitist canard, is the ultimate life imitating art. Or as bill Cosby says, "funny, ha, ha."

    You can either bow out gracefully and let your silly argument fade into the archives, or you can keep shining light on it and inviting commentary. Either way the damage to credibility has been done. And for the record, if you would've read just a little for context, and I mean it would've taken precious little effort to get caught up to speed, you could've completely avoided digging this rabbit hole you refuse to escape from.... But then you wouldn't have been able to get in the passive aggressive jab at "SEC fan"....
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  4. #408
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,370

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Post away but dont be shocked when youre called out for making nonsensical arguments. And for the record it's patently obvious that concerning the argument in question, youre wrong. So apparently, don't be shocked when youre called out for needing to be called out which given the whole elitist canard, is the ultimate life imitating art. Or as bill Cosby says, "funny, ha, ha."

    You can either bow out gracefully and let your silly argument fade into the archives, or you can keep shining light on it and inviting commentary. Either way the damage to credibility has been done. And for the record, if you would've read just a little for context, and I mean it would've taken precious little effort to get caught up to speed, you could've completely avoided digging this rabbit hole you refuse to escape from.... But then you wouldn't have been able to get in the passive aggressive jab at "SEC fan"....
    It is obvious from a glance throughout this thread that you are its self-appointed gatekeeper. You keep on spouting on and on about "you're wrong" and "credibility," but I'm pretty sure that people get your act, and if not, they can go back and see confrontation after confrontation with anyone who wanders into this thread, and then see them get accused of being a troll if they dare to say something. That is enjoyable for all. Keep up the good work.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  5. Likes:

    Gunner44 (11-28-2013), jimbo (11-26-2013)

  6. #409
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,475

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    It is obvious from a glance throughout this thread that you are its self-appointed gatekeeper. You keep on spouting on and on about "you're wrong" and "credibility," but I'm pretty sure that people get your act, and if not, they can go back and see confrontation after confrontation with anyone who wanders into this thread, and then see them get accused of being a troll if they dare to say something. That is enjoyable for all. Keep up the good work.
    Jojo's not the gatekeeper. He's the VI or that crazy Uncle that causes you to crawl under the table when he says something at the Thanksgiving dinner table. I for one am sorry that he's chased you off.

  7. #410
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,661

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Jojo's not the gatekeeper. He's the VI or that crazy Uncle that causes you to crawl under the table when he says something at the Thanksgiving dinner table. I for one am sorry that he's chased you off.
    Jojo didn't chase him off. In fact there's a definitive "na na na na boo boo" just a few posts up.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  8. Likes:

    Gunner44 (11-28-2013)

  9. #411
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,982

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    It is obvious from a glance throughout this thread that you are its self-appointed gatekeeper. You keep on spouting on and on about "you're wrong" and "credibility," but I'm pretty sure that people get your act, and if not, they can go back and see confrontation after confrontation with anyone who wanders into this thread, and then see them get accused of being a troll if they dare to say something. That is enjoyable for all. Keep up the good work.
    What is obvious is that I responded DIRECTLY to YOUR argument, an argument that you can not defend, a conclusion that is obvious from your immediate and repeated ad hominem drenched rebuttal.

    You made an indefensible argument. There is no act. You made a poor argument and was called on it and rather than let it go, you have decided to use ad hominem to deflect from the fact.

    If you're granting me the power of grand gatekeeper of your participation in this thread, my first act will be to give you permission to simply just concede that there isnt a conference in college football where going 5-25 against conference opponents would be considered being up to a conference's standards and then move on.

    Also, as the appointed gatekeeper of your participation, I want to clarify that I'm not directing you to move on out of the thread but rather to please continue to participate as you feel motivated and see fit but just move on from an indefensible argument and a poor reaction to having it pointed out as such.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  10. #412
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,982

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Jojo's not the gatekeeper. He's the VI or that crazy Uncle that causes you to crawl under the table when he says something at the Thanksgiving dinner table. I for one am sorry that he's chased you off.
    Traderumor hasn't been chased off. He farted at the Thanksgiving table and reacted poorly when he was told it stunk. No one has even accused him of farting on purpose though, certainly Buckeye fans calling SEC fans elitist is both an ironic and tired meme.

    BTW, a crazy uncle doesn't make rational arguments. So given the context of this metaphor, I'd humbly submit the crazy uncle would be one who reacts irrationally to a valid argument.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  11. #413
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,370

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Traderumor hasn't been chased off. He farted at the Thanksgiving table and reacted poorly when he was told it stunk. No one has even accused him of farting on purpose though, certainly Buckeye fans calling SEC fans elitist is both an ironic and tired meme.

    BTW, a crazy uncle doesn't make rational arguments. So given the context of this metaphor, I'd humbly submit the crazy uncle would be one who reacts irrationally to a valid argument.
    First, my dad always said there's no sense in farting if it ain't gonna stink, so I claim mine. You're right, I'm wrong, that settles everything in your world, we'll leave it at that.

    BTW, ad hominem doesn't apply here. Not once did I say you are wrong because you are who you are. Now, if you want to address ad hominem, how about insisting I'm wrong because I'm a Buckeyes fan? That would be a good example, and the only one, because you will find no ad hominems directed at you. So
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  12. #414
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,982

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    First, my dad always said there's no sense in farting if it ain't gonna stink, so I claim mine. You're right, I'm wrong, that settles everything in your world, we'll leave it at that.

    BTW, ad hominem doesn't apply here. Not once did I say you are wrong because you are who you are. Now, if you want to address ad hominem, how about insisting I'm wrong because I'm a Buckeyes fan? That would be a good example, and the only one, because you will find no ad hominems directed at you. So
    I didn't once insist you were wrong because you were a Buckeye fan. I insisted you were wrong because your argument was incongruent with facts. I merely pointed out how ironic it is for a Buckeye fan to accuse a member of another fanbase of being elitist. That is a completely separate issue than the fatal weakness of your argument. In other words, your argument was invalid AND your motives for making it were questionable. And is better than or sometimes.

    Concerning ad hominem and your rebuttal, your first response completely ignored the argument and focused directly on me and despite this topic being carried several additional pages into the thread, you have yet to actually address the argument in any sustantative manner though I do appreciate your willingness to spelll check (did you catch that one!?!).
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  13. #415
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,393

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Once upon a time, we talked about football in this thread.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  14. Likes:

    Chip R (11-26-2013), Gunner44 (11-28-2013), jojo (11-26-2013)

  15. #416
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,982

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Rumor has it that Bama's starting center tore his ACL and wont be able to give it a go on Saturday.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  16. #417
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,982

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Caller, Kathleen, laments the outcome of the Tennessee-Vandy game:

    http://www.stationcaster.com/station...1385415249.mp3
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  17. #418
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,393

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Caller, Kathleen, laments the outcome of the Tennessee-Vandy game:

    http://www.stationcaster.com/station...1385415249.mp3
    They'll start getting used to it.

    https://vine.co/v/hUa1e0V0ua0
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  18. #419
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,982

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    For the 85%ers.........Bama UUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  19. #420
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,982

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Doyel calls it as he sees it.... The Iron Bowl is the greatest rivalry game in sports.

    http://mweb.cbssports.com/general/wr...-tops-them-all
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25