Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

NL Central champs

Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    People shouldn't be surprised if Auburn is number 2 in the BCS poll tonight....the computer is doing Auburn a solid and OSU really needed Wisconsn to win.
    OSU is probably going to be number 2 in the BCS. The coaches and Harris polls already came out and they both have OSU at 2.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    OSU is probably going to be number 2 in the BCS. The coaches and Harris polls already came out and they both have OSU at 2.
    Barely.....it's going to come down to how large of a disparity the computer thinks there is between Auburn and OSU.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'd be very surprised if a team that lost by 2 scores at a very average LSU passes a team that has done nothing but win every game for two straight seasons in a BCS conference.

Ohio State may have played a "weaker schedule"(with 7 bowl teams on it) but they've won them all.
    OSU would lose a night game in death valley. OSU would lose three games in the SEC. Context is what the computer cares about. The computer doesn't care about last season, and really no one should especially concerning a team that didn't get to play what should've been it's two toughest games because of sanctions.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Retired

If you look at Jerry Palm's calculations, if Auburn beats Mizzou, and OSU beats MSU, it's very possible that Auburn jumps Ohio State.

I am not an SEC fan, I call them like I see them. OSU hasn't really impressed anyone. They struggled with Michigan, Northwestern pushed them, and didn't play well against Wisconsin either. Does anyone really think they would beat FSU, Auburn or Bama? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    If you look at Jerry Palm's calculations, if Auburn beats Mizzou, and OSU beats MSU, it's very possible that Auburn jumps Ohio State.

I am not an SEC fan, I call them like I see them. OSU hasn't really impressed anyone. They struggled with Michigan, Northwestern pushed them, and didn't play well against Wisconsin either. Does anyone really think they would beat FSU, Auburn or Bama? I don't.
    I think it will depend a great deal on who is more impressive next week if it comes down to that. There will be some poll voters who will be swayed by whoever looks better.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think it will depend a great deal on who is more impressive next week if it comes down to that. There will be some poll voters who will be swayed by whoever looks better.
    Probably. It's going to be a coin flip, at best, assuming Auburn and OSU both win.

OSU would lose a night game in death valley. OSU would lose three games in the SEC. Context is what the computer cares about. The computer doesn't care about last season, and really no one should especially concerning a team that didn't get to play what should've been it's two toughest games because of sanctions.
    Throw last season out and OSU is still one of three teams to not lose. Also is it a fact that OSU would lose three games in the SEC? I'd wager Alabama/Auburn/whoever would lose games in November in snowy Ohio/Michigan/Wisconsin. OSU can score enough to stay in games against whomever, there is nothing more than assumptions that say what team A would do in team B's conference.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Florida State, sure, I think they could beat them. Florida State hasn't played anyone outside of Clemson, who hasn't beaten anyone. Florida State had their closest game against Boston College, who the week before was absolutely steamrolled by USC by 28, in a 35-7 blowout. Florida State gave up 34 to them a week later.

Auburn... sure. Ole Miss and Georgia played with them, surely Ohio State could.

Alabama....Not sure. I still think Alabama is the best team in the country.

And Auburn took a fluke play to beat a ****ty Georgia team and 2 fluke plays to beat Bama and lost LOST LOST a game. period. It would be an outrage to the BCS and college football for ANY 13-0 team from a BCS conference to be passed by ANYONE with a loss. Oregon would have gotten a pass had they not lost, Baylor, ****ing BAYLOR would have gotten a pass had they not lost, but everyone must scrutanize Ohio State, a perennial powerhouse because of percieved weak schedule? At least they, you know, won the games they played. 7 of 12 against teams who will still play a game in December/January. FACTS.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Throw last season out and OSU is still one of three teams to not lose. Also is it a fact that OSU would lose three games in the SEC? I'd wager Alabama/Auburn/whoever would lose games in November in snowy Ohio/Michigan/Wisconsin. OSU can score enough to stay in games against whomever, there is nothing more than assumptions that say what team A would do in team B's conference.
    I'm sure one can make up all kinds of imaginary weather that doesn't have anything to do with OSU's schedule.... It's a fact though that Auburn played in a monsoon during a night game in Death Valley, while missing 4 starters due to injury no less.

I'd like to see NIU vs. Ohio State since NIU hasn't lost a game either.

By the way, between the two, NIU has the best Big Ten road win.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 12-01-2013 at 04:27 PM.

13. Likes:

jojo (12-01-2013)

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Florida State, sure, I think they could beat them. Florida State hasn't played anyone outside of Clemson, who hasn't beaten anyone. Florida State had their closest game against Boston College, who the week before was absolutely steamrolled by USC by 28, in a 35-7 blowout. Florida State gave up 34 to them a week later.

Auburn... sure. Ole Miss and Georgia played with them, surely Ohio State could.

Alabama....Not sure. I still think Alabama is the best team in the country.
    We'll agree on Alabama, disagree on the rest.

I think Bama blew more coverage assignments yesterday than they have in the last 3 years combined. It took 3 missed FG's and a miracle to beat them. After the lack of discipline yesterday, I feel sorry for whoever Alabama plays in their bowl game, it will be a slaughter.

I'm sure one can make up all kinds of imaginary weather that doesn't have anything to do with OSU's schedule.... It's a fact though that Auburn played in a monsoon during a night game in Death Valley, while missing 4 starters due to injury no less.
    Did LSU get to play in ideal conditions or was it just Auburn playing in the monsoon?

16. Likes:

Gizmo (12-01-2013),RiverRat13 (12-01-2013)

NL Central champs

IMO, if a BCS team goes undefeated, they deserve to play in the National Championship. It would be a shame if an undefeated OSU team was jumped by a 1 loss SEC school.

18. Likes:

dabvu2498 (12-01-2013),Gizmo (12-01-2013)

Retired

And Auburn took a fluke play to beat a ****ty Georgia team and 2 fluke plays to beat Bama and lost LOST LOST a game. period. It would be an outrage to the BCS and college football for ANY 13-0 team from a BCS conference to be passed by ANYONE with a loss. Oregon would have gotten a pass had they not lost, Baylor, ****ing BAYLOR would have gotten a pass had they not lost, but everyone must scrutanize Ohio State, a perennial powerhouse because of percieved weak schedule? At least they, you know, won the games they played. 7 of 12 against teams who will still play a game in December/January. FACTS.
    The crappy schedule is more than "perceived", it's a fact. Period, as you like to say.

20. Likes:

jojo (12-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?