Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    OSU would lose a night game in death valley. OSU would lose three games in the SEC. Context is what the computer cares about. The computer doesn't care about last season, and really no one should especially concerning a team that didn't get to play what should've been it's two toughest games because of sanctions.
    2 years ago missouri was in the inferior Big 12, fast forward to today and they are in the SEC championship. This is a fact i have noticed almost everyone is ignoring. I was told the SEC is light years ahead of everyone else.

2. Likes:

Gizmo (12-01-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    2 years ago missouri was average in the inferior Big 12, fast forward to today and they are in the SEC championship. This is a fact i have noticed almost everyone is ignoring. I was told the SEC is light years ahead of everyone else.
    fixed
    Is it "next season" yet?

2 years ago missouri was in the inferior Big 12, fast forward to today and they are in the SEC championship. This is a fact i have noticed almost everyone is ignoring. I was told the SEC is light years ahead of everyone else.
    I don't think anyone would argue that the SEC west is superior by a large degree over the east. And FYI, Mizzou went 1-7 in the SEC last year.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I don't think anyone would argue that the SEC west is superior by a large degree over the east. And FYI, Mizzou went 1-7 in the SEC last year.
    and no one who went 1-7 in the Big Ten last year is sniffing a championship, nor the ACC, nor the PAC12, nor the AAC, nor......

so much parity in the SEC, i guess, to let nobody's one year be champs the next.
    Is it "next season" yet?

It's not about the past. 2013 Missouri is good. Very good.

Frankly, I could stomach OSU getting beaten out by a 1 loss Alabama team than Auburn.

Auburn lost a game which, in my opinion, puts you behind all no-loss BCS teams. If it was a pick of 1 loss teams and who was best, ok, I can see the argument. But losses mattered last time I checked. Not to mention Auburn had 2 miracle wins. The Georgia game they really should have lost and yesterday's game would have been an OT toss-up.

But all this is arguing how many angels can dance on a head of a pin. Prove it in head to head games on the field.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Frankly, I could stomach OSU getting beaten out by a 1 loss Alabama team than Auburn.

Auburn lost a game which, in my opinion, puts you behind all no-loss BCS teams. If it was a pick of 1 loss teams and who was best, ok, I can see the argument. But losses mattered last time I checked. Not to mention Auburn had 2 miracle wins. The Georgia game they really should have lost and yesterday's game would have been an OT toss-up.

But all this is arguing how many angels can dance on a head of a pin. Prove it in head to head games on the field.
    Agreed

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    We'll agree on Alabama, disagree on the rest.

I think Bama blew more coverage assignments yesterday than they have in the last 3 years combined. It took 3 missed FG's and a miracle to beat them. After the lack of discipline yesterday, I feel sorry for whoever Alabama plays in their bowl game, it will be a slaughter.
    Care to expand on the disagreement?

USC steamrolled a team a week earlier that hung around all day against FSU.

Some mediocre teams played with Auburn this season, did they not? Do you think that Georia and Ole Miss are vastly superior to Ohio State?

This is about as irrelevant of a comment as there could be. Two years in college football is an eternity. But really, if you can't be bothered with context, don't construct irrelevant context.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    and no one who went 1-7 in the Big Ten last year is sniffing a championship, nor the ACC, nor the PAC12, nor the AAC, nor......

so much parity in the SEC, i guess, to let nobody's one year be champs the next.
    Explain away the last seven national championships....then you can start working on the narrative that OSU's flaccid schedule shouldn't be a factor.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

This is about as irrelevant of a comment as there could be. Two years in college football is an eternity. But really, if you can't be bothered with context, don't construct irrelevant context.
    It became completely in context once you made the comment that OSU would lose three games in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Did LSU get to play in ideal conditions or was it just Auburn playing in the monsoon?
    LSU got to play at home, at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    The crappy schedule is more than "perceived", it's a fact. Period, as you like to say.
    OSU's schedule is their weakest argument for playing in the BCS championship. It's no small wonder Buckeye fans want to talk about everyone else's schedule.

The SEC champion should jump OSU. No one believes that OSU would be undefeated in the SEC. They'd probably be a 3 loss team with Tennessee's schedule. It really undercuts the "but, but, but ....we're undefeated" argument.
    Last edited by jojo; 12-01-2013 at 06:15 PM.

LSU got to play at home, at night.
    So did Northwestern before they were all injured, and OSU wasn't down 21 in the 4th, or ever, in that game.

OSU's schedule is their weakest argument for playing in the BCS championship. It's no small wonder Buckeye fans want to talk about everyone else's schedule.
    Wouldn't care who's schedule was being talked about if FSU's was ever brought up at any point. Media ignores FSU, despite having a worse schedule and conference than OSU. Sure, let SEC SoS come into play, if FSU's does too, then FSU is #3....
    Is it "next season" yet?

17. Likes:

jimbo (12-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    It became completely in context once you made the comment that OSU would lose three games in the SEC.
    They would. Two years ago they were being hit with sanctions for cheating. You really want to argue about two years ago?

Turn Off Ads?