Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

"So Fla Red"

Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'm not sure why so many Big Ten fans want to talk about the SEC in the OSU thread but I just chalk it up to Big Ten fans always being fixated on the SEC.
    The Spurrier-Meyer-Saban conference and the shills from ESecPN are the ones that seem fixated on OSU.

I'm an OSU fan (and also an ACC alum who hates the terrible product of ACC football) and find the "SEC" mantra an outlet for non-Alabama, LSU and Florida fans that want to attach themselves to the Spurrier-Saban-Meyer dynasty.

The difference is that most everyone in the B1G hates OSU and wants them to lose and not even have a shot even to play for a NC. I simply can't understand how an Auburn fan could ever root for any success for Alabama, Florida or LSU. Most serious Florida grads don't seem to subscribe to the "SEC" tribe, they've got enough hardware on their own merits and don't need to share with the conference also-rans.

I do want Nebraska, PSU and even Iliinois to step it up a notch as Wisconsin and MSU have done the last few years. TSUN can go 0-12 every year for all I care.

Look out CFB, I think the Pac-12 has a great list of coaches and is going to make noise in the new playoff format. The Pac-12, the best all around conference this season top to bottom, is going to be a strong conference for the next many years. I am assuming Franklin will move on from Vandy. Very early, but I think Malzahan could be the next great SEC coach, we'll find out next year as Auburn won't sneak up on the conference in 2014. Watch out for Texas if that job comes open...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The Spurrier-Meyer-Saban conference and the shills from ESecPN are the ones that seem fixated on OSU.

I'm an OSU fan (and also an ACC alum who hates the terrible product of ACC football) and find the "SEC" mantra an outlet for non-Alabama, LSU and Florida fans that want to attach themselves to the Spurrier-Saban-Meyer dynasty.

The difference is that most everyone in the B1G hates OSU and wants them to lose and not even have a shot even to play for a NC. I simply can't understand how an Auburn fan could ever root for any success for Alabama, Florida or LSU. Most serious Florida grads don't seem to subscribe to the "SEC" tribe, they've got enough hardware on their own merits and don't need to share with the conference also-rans.

I do want Nebraska, PSU and even Iliinois to step it up a notch as Wisconsin and MSU have done the last few years. TSUN can go 0-12 every year for all I care.

Look out CFB, I think the Pac-12 has a great list of coaches and is going to make noise in the new playoff format. The Pac-12, the best all around conference this season top to bottom, is going to be a strong conference for the next many years. I am assuming Franklin will move on from Vandy. Very early, but I think Malzahan could be the next great SEC coach, we'll find out next year as Auburn won't sneak up on the conference in 2014. Watch out for Texas if that job comes open...
    You're vetching about an imaginary narrative. You know how many times I've heard the "SEC, SEC, SEC" chant in Jordan-Hare stadium? The next time will be the first time. In other words, it doesn't happen.

You know when Auburn fan roots for LSU? When they play Bama. Do SEC fans honor and enjoy the traditions of their long standing rivalries. Heck ya.

But that is a far different thing then the SEC strawman fan that Big Ten fan has constructed and apparently feels a compulsion to flail at.

Seriously, you're upset about fiction.
    Last edited by jojo; 12-06-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

"So Fla Red"

Auburn can largely stand on their own, they don't need the "SEC". Oddly enough LSU fans seem to be attached to the SEC. Not sure why.

The Big Ten Network and the evil genius Jim Delaney is the cause of ESPN's ills followed closely by Larry Scott and the Pac-12. That destoyed the mothership's grand plan for expanding the CFB Gameday pay per view model by putting two of the top three most attractive CFB conferences and footprints outside of their control. Hijacking Maryland from the DC/Baltimore markets was another stick in the eye.

I would have gone Maryland + Missouri, instead of the Rutgers NJ/NYC grab. But I fully understand why they went that direction since St Louis and KC markets are largely covered by the Big Ten already. Maryland and New Jersey are now suddenly the #3 and #4 states within the B1G footprint for college football recruits (Ohio, PA and maybe Michigan ahead of them). The B1G is simply loaded for college basketball recruiting (those five states + Chicago and Indiana)

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-06-2013)

"So Fla Red"

17 of the top 20 states within the SEC and Big Ten footprints for NFL rosters (NY is essentially B1G country for football recruiting). Ohio is #5. The shockers are NJ at #6 and Virginia at #10. Snagging A&M was a ridiculously brilliant storke of genius for the SEC. The Big Ten has been trying to get the Univ of Texas for years.

http://thedailyviz.com/wp-content/up...layers-all.jpg

17 of the top 20 states within the SEC and Big Ten footprints for NFL rosters (NY is essentially B1G country for football recruiting). Ohio is #5. The shockers are NJ at #6 and Virginia at #10. Snagging A&M was a ridiculously brilliant storke of genius for the SEC. The Big Ten has been trying to get the Univ of Texas for years.

That the Big 12 let A&M go tells you most of what you need to know about the leadership in that conference. That they can't manage to count to 12, probably tells you the rest.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-06-2013)

Looks like Mizzou cancelled their practice in the Georgia Dome because of travel issues. This is familiar turf for Auburn but I don't think Mizzou has ever played there before. Perhaps a small thing, perhaps impactful... If nothing else, that's one less practice for Mizzou.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I think the entire game pivots on this. If AUB doesn't get consistent (or timely) pressure on the QB MIZZOU is going to score a big chunk of points and AUB is in trouble.

If AUB does get early pressure ... does MIZZOU have an early answer? If not they are in trouble because I don't see them stopping AUB's running attack.

Gonna be a good weekend of football!

GL
    For some reason, I think DGB is going to go off in this game. That still might not give Missouri a win but I have to think they're going to take advantage of his 6'6 frame.

Here's what really matters:

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/...as-am-missouri

Maryland 55
    Rutgers 61
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Has there ever been a better year for college football rivalry games? Oklahoma State/Oklahoma currently adding to the list. I love, love, loooove college football.

I'm not sure why the Mizzou beat writers keep implying Mizzou has gotten no respect. It's a made up talking point.

Fun game so far. Do they play defense in the SEC?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Fun game so far. Do they play defense in the SEC?!
    There is no defense that can stop Auburn's run game. I don't think a three man front is the ticket either. Mizzou's defense will be dragging in the second half.

Long, long, long game to go though and Mizzou isn't going away....
    Last edited by jojo; 12-07-2013 at 05:36 PM.

DGB would probably be the best receiver on the Rams right now. He's a physical beast. Mizzou has to keep throwing the ball in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    DGB would probably be the best receiver on the Rams right now. He's a physical beast. Mizzou has to keep throwing the ball in the second half.
    I think they'll blitz with reckless abandon in the second half too. BTW, Mizzou fans have been described as some of the most polite fans in the SEC. Nothing but great interactions in Atlanta.

Just got back from a Christmas parade so I missed the first half. 680 total yards?! Tre Mason with 23 carries for 195 yards?

All this is one half?

Turn Off Ads?