Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 1001

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

  1. #811
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,651

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Tough D's
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #812
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,394

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Classy team.. Ex criminals.. I wonder if any of them read better than James Brooks also?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  4. #813
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,067

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    A WAC championship game has broken out in Atlanta. Auburn just shoves the Mizzou RB into a Cadet Cab golf cart and proabbly knocked him out of the game. Waiting for Mean Gene to appear. Entertaining, but this is simply pathethic defense.

    No elite defenses in the SEC this year. Bama is good but nearly as good as last year.

    Seriously, a bigger question, the elite offenses in CFB with running and dual threat QBs are light years ahead of the defenses. Is this due to lack of practice time mandated by NCAA rules and turnover?

    And can someone please send Verne into a long overdue retirement. Gawdawful.

  5. #814
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,848

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Classy team.. Ex criminals.. I wonder if any of them read better than James Brooks also?
    One lack of oxygen to the brain bad decision during the entire season and OSU fan trolls quicker than Marshall can run the 40....
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  6. Likes:

    MikeThierry (12-07-2013)

  7. #815
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,848

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    A WAC championship game has broken out in Atlanta. Auburn just shoves the Mizzou RB into a Cadet Cab golf cart and proabbly knocked him out of the game. Waiting for Mean Gene to appear. Entertaining, but this is simply pathethic defense.

    No elite defenses in the SEC this year. Bama is good but nearly as good as last year.

    Seriously, a bigger question, the elite offenses in CFB with running and dual threat QBs are light years ahead of the defenses. Is this due to lack of practice time mandated by NCAA rules and turnover?

    And can someone please send Verne into a long overdue retirement. Gawdawful.
    Couple points.... The NFL drafted a lot of the defense a year early at the same time some elite offenses had great lines and multiple year starting QBs.

    Second, no defense in college could stop Auburn's offense.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  8. #816
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    The offense Auburn generates using just one play over and over again is mind-boggling. It doesn't even matter which back they hand the ball to. Tre Mason has 38 carries for 274 yards (7.2 a carry), and he's been their least effective runner in this game. Their other three backs are averaging 18.0, 16.7 and 14.3 per carry, respectively. This is fun to watch.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  9. #817
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,067

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Danielson just said Auburn needs to rush for 600 to win the game. LOL

    How many yards can you run for in a game against no rush defense. We are about to find out with Auburn.

    A playoff would have been spectacular this season.

  10. #818
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,848

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The offense Auburn generates using just one play over and over again is mind-boggling. It doesn't even matter which back they hand the ball to. Tre Mason has 38 carries for 274 yards (7.2 a carry), and he's been their least effective runner in this game. Their other three backs are averaging 18.0, 16.7 and 14.3 per carry, respectively. This is fun to watch.
    The blocking is the engine that drives the bus.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  11. #819
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,848

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Congrats to Mizzou on an incredible season to this point and best of luck in your bowl game.

    Your fans exude nothing but class.

    Also for the record, White's hit on Josey was unjustifiable, regrettable, and embarrassing. I sincerely hope he is OK.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  12. Likes:

    MikeThierry (12-07-2013)

  13. #820
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    It was a great season for Mizzou but it's this kind of game as to why Mizzou fans aren't cocky about their team. Another year where Mizzou has the opportunity in front of them but they "Mizzou'd it". Still, the program is headed in the right direction and they should be competitive for many years to come.

    EDIT: Next year, Mauk will take over and he seems to be a better passer than Franklin is so it should be another exciting offensive year for Mizzou.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 12-07-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    ďOur next home stand follows this road trip.Ē

    ďI just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.Ē says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  14. #821
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    It was a great season for Mizzou but it's this kind of game as to why Mizzou fans aren't cocky about their team. Another year where Mizzou has the opportunity in front of them but they "Mizzou'd it". Still, the program is headed in the right direction and they should be competitive for many years to come.

    EDIT: Next year, Mauk will take over and he seems to be a better passer than Franklin is so it should be another exciting offensive year for Mizzou.
    I've only followed Mizzou since they joined the SEC, so I can't relate with the "Mizzou'd it" thing. All I know is they have had a great season and one of the best one-year turnarounds I've ever seen in the SEC. Auburn's this year might be the only one better, and that wasn't determined until today. UM fans should be extremely proud tonight. I'll be pulling for you guys in your bowl game.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  15. Likes:

    MikeThierry (12-09-2013)

  16. #822
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    EDIT: Next year, Mauk will take over and he seems to be a better passer than Franklin is so it should be another exciting offensive year for Mizzou.
    Is Dorial Green-Beckham a true sophomore or redshirt sophomore? I'm assuming he's entering the NFL draft if he's a redshirt sophomore?
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  17. #823
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    13,771

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Is Dorial Green-Beckham a true sophomore or redshirt sophomore? I'm assuming he's entering the NFL draft if he's a redshirt sophomore?
    He is a true sophomore.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  18. #824
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    He is a true sophomore.
    Thanks, Puffy.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  19. #825
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,680

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Auburn - two wins over top five opponents in eight days. Ohio State - two wins over top five opponents in twelve years. Thankfully, it looks like the superior team is going to the NC game.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  20. Likes:

    jojo (12-07-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25