Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    No one really cares about winning percentages except for this current season. I'm a baseball fan because I love the tradition of the game, but I could care less where teams rank in terms of winning percentage. It's asinine.

It's even worse to argue about attendance for ________________. No one cares that 90k showed up to OSU or Auburn's spring game.
    Sounds like an argument Boise St. fans make.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The comment was made in the context of the Vols historical place relative to SEC teams. It's your comment that's either puzzlingly disconnected from the discussion or asinine on its face.
    Ok. So you think all time winning percentages actually mean something?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Ok. So you think all time winning percentages actually mean something?
    I think a few years of hard times since Fulmer's exit doesn't trump decades of storied tradition.

I also think history tells us the Vol program should be expected to overcome a down cycle.

But ya, history is kind of important. Ummmm....DUH?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

You know who else looks at box scores? People who want context to interpret what they see.

If the Vols want to win despite being statistically beaten, then they DO need to repeat a positive turnover differential and it's a safe bet they won't be +6 in a game again any time oon if ever again.
    When you're getting turnovers in the red zone or even better yet, the end zone, your offense won't rack up many yards nor much time of possession. You seem to know less about football than you do politics and that's saying something.

I think a few years of hard times since Fulmer's exit doesn't trump decades of storied tradition.

I also think history tells us the Vol program should be expected to overcome a down cycle.

But ya, history is kind of important. Ummmm....DUH?
    Keep showing how UT football trumps that of Illinois. Then check to see which conference each team plays in and even you will see my point...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    When you're getting turnovers in the red zone or even better yet, the end zone, your offense won't rack up many yards nor much time of possession. You seem to know less about football than you do politics and that's saying something.
    Well at least you're above making things personal.

But here's how my pea-sized brain works (notice it's pea-sized and not bean sized so maybe that's why I can't grasp the complexities of Magic Mitt Beans). If a little guy school who has no business thinking it could waltz into Knoxville under ideal conditions for the home team and even have the slimmest chance of winning can pound out close to 400 yards of offense while converting 55% of their third downs and controlling the ball for almost 33 minutes despite having 7 turnovers, then Oregon might very well put up 800 yards and 60+ pts against the Vols in Autzen Stadium. Truthfully if the Vols only beat little guy school by 32 pts despite being gift wrapped 31 pts in a four minute span to end the first quarter, then it's tough seeing Tennessee playing in a bowl this year. But you're the expert.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Keep showing how UT football trumps that of Illinois. Then check to see which conference each team plays in and even you will see my point...
    Michigan football trumps Kentucky football. So?

Out of all of the arguments you could've made to support your point, you chose to make one of the weakest one's possible. I'm doing you a solid by defending your program for you despite the bloodletting that will ensue in Knoxville over the next month and you're still arguing with me.

Michigan football trumps Kentucky football. So?

Out of all of the arguments you could've made to support your point, you chose to make one of the weakest one's possible. I'm doing you a solid by defending your program for you despite the bloodletting that will ensue in Knoxville over the next month and you're still arguing with me.
    I consider Mich one of the top two football schools in the Big Ten. If you consider UK one of the top two in the SEC then you know nothing about football. If not then it's not a valid comparison and a waste of bandwidth

I consider Mich one of the top two football schools in the Big Ten. If you consider UK one of the top two in the SEC then you know nothing about football. If not then it's not a valid comparison and a waste of bandwidth
    I think you should read a little more carefully....

The Longhorns probably need to go 10-2 to save Mack Brown. He's about to discover the meaning of forced retirement.

Kiffen might only be able to be an OC after this year with hiw he has run USC into the ground.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

I think you should read a little more carefully....
    I do wish to add that I really liked WKU's uniforms, especially those mirror helmets

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    The Longhorns probably need to go 10-2 to save Mack Brown. He's about to discover the meaning of forced retirement.

Kiffen might only be able to be an OC after this year with hiw he has run USC into the ground.
    Yes, I was amazed to see that score when I woke up this morning. I was also amazed at the lack of coverage by ESPN. They talked much more about Johnny Manziel and his team's meaningless game than a doormat PAC 12 team beating a top 25 one

Who has a better chance of going to a bowl game- that "doormat PAC 12" team or the mighty Vols?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Sounds like an argument Boise St. fans make.
    I'm not sure why Boise State fans would shy away from an argument on winning percentage. They've got a ridiculous one going back about 30 years and across at least 4 different coaches (Petersen, Hawkins, Koetter and Nutt).

Who has a better chance of going to a bowl game- that "doormat PAC 12" team or the mighty Vols?
    I think the Cougs are much improved and I hope the Vols are too so I would say their chances are quite similar. What about you?

Turn Off Ads?