Turn Off Ads?

Thread: AZL

AZL

I recently moved to Phoenix and am considering catching a few games... Who are the top prospects in the league for the Reds and overall? I'm not finding much information at all through a basic search.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: AZL

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102687

Edit: oops you mean AZL and not the Fall league. I am not sure who are the top guys to watch in Arizona at this point. Chad Jones certainly is a compelling story. Otherwise Ty Boyles has had an impressive start as have Cory Thompson, Jeremy Kivel, Tyler Mahle, and Kevin Garcia. Soid Marquez had a nice start but has been roughed around his last couple of outings.
    Last edited by klw; 08-15-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Just to add some names to klw's post, Kevin Franklin is not tearing the cover off the ball, but he's there and was the second round pick this year. Also someone like Shedric Long the catcher they drafted in the teens this year has hit well after a slow start. Another international name is Aristides Aquino who seems to show some promise.

As far as the other teams top prospects, here is the stats leaderboard for the AZL:
    http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...=l_bat&lid=121

Maybe you could see some names, and check their teams out when they play the Reds, or are just in your area.

Looking at that list shows that guys like Clint Frazier-Indians 1st rounder, Billy McKinney- A's 1st rounder, Christian Arroyo-Giants 1st rounder, and Travis Demeritte- Rangers 1st round, are all there and playing fairly well early.
    Last edited by PepperJack; 08-15-2013 at 09:56 AM.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...t_ros&cid=3430

The other name to remember on the roster is the catcher Chadwick Tromp. I have no idea if he is any good but I hope so because that is one of the best names since Arquimedez Pozo.

6. Likes:

mace (08-15-2013)

Cory Thompson and Kevin Franklin for infielders (both top 5 picks in this year's draft)

I'd be curious for a first hand opinion on the international OF playing in Arizona - Aquino, Fernandez and Garcia. Which one of them seems to be the best prospect?

Kivel and Armstrong (if he's even throwing) are the two pitchers to watch down there IMO.
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

I'd be curious for a first hand opinion on the international OF playing in Arizona - Aquino, Fernandez and Garcia. Which one of them seems to be the best prospect?
    I haven't seen any of them in person, but Aquino is the best prospect of that bunch.

Turn Off Ads?