Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds' Minors Overall Winning % is Last in Baseball 2013

Reds' Minors Overall Winning % is Last in Baseball 2013

http://mlbfarm.com/charts.php

42.07%

Houston is first at 56.88%

The way of the world, I guess, when you're winning at the MLB level.

They are also right in the middle of the pack in home runs.

They are also 2nd worst in earned runs given up.

Despite all this, I do think they have 1 sure MLB starter, and 3 sure MLB outfielder regulars, and maybe 3-5 sure relievers.

What can you make of the winning % and poor ERA though?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds' Minors Overall Winning % is Last in Baseball 2013

Reds OPS in 2013 per players drafted in each year:

2013 .747 (5th)
    2012 .709 (20th)
    2011 .716 (15th)
    2010 .646 (29th)

*Only counts players currently with the Reds org.

http://mlbfarm.com/draft.php?year=2010
    Last edited by mdccclxix; 08-15-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Reds WHIP in 2013 per players drafted in each year:

2013: 1.34 (21st)
    2012: 1.42 (26th)
    2011: 1.40 (25th)
    2010: 1.34 (14th)

*Only counts players currently with the Reds org.

http://mlbfarm.com/draft.php?year=2010
    Last edited by mdccclxix; 08-15-2013 at 12:25 PM.

I have mixed feelings...I think there is something to say for being part of "winning culture" which the system does NOT have. OTOH, the point is developing players more than winning games and the Reds seem to have this view as an organization. They seem to have a number of real prospects in the lower levels, but AA and AAA is pretty bad - at least until some of the recent promotions. The problem seems to be a dramatic fall off after the top dozen prospects or so - I'm not familiar enough with the organization's thinking to know whether this is something that really concerns them or not.

I think there is quite a lack of depth in the system right now no doubt. Like you said there is top of the line talent which is I think really what you want during the Reds current phase. Depth is good for rebuilding teams but when you are near top of the league and the vast majority of your team has been supplied from farm system the depth is going to be an issue. With that top of the line talent though you can pick up depth in prospects if you wanted to. Or you can use it to fill the holes at the MLB level like they did with Latos trade.

Turn Off Ads?