Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Victor Conte on Steroid Usage in Baseball

Victor Conte on Steroid Usage in Baseball

http://tracking.si.com/2013/08/14/vi..._a13&eref=sihp

50 percent seems a little high. I still think there are plenty of PED users still out there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Victor Conte on Steroid Usage in Baseball

I'm on #TeamConte here. I think it was at least 75% at its peak and 50% today wouldn't surprise me all that much.

Fits right in line with my own estimation that 98% of users avoid being detected through mlb drug testing methods.

Anyone remember when the keymastur thing went down on the minor league board? I forget the former Reds minor leaguer/cup of coffee guy was, I believe at some point he was mentioned in connection to PEDs, perhaps in the Mitchell report after he had already moved on to a different organization, but I do remember how bodly he claimed on the weight lifting forum where he used the same user name how easy it was to get away and that you have to not be paying attention to get caught.

Ahh, that was an extremely fun hour or so in the history of redszone. I remember his utter silence once the dots were connected and he made himself out as a PED user. I was surprised the Reds called him up a few weeks later for his cup of tea in september. A quick check of his wiki page says he came up to replace Dave Ross when he was injuried in August, then was suspended 50 games in september of that same year. I know some on this board sent screen captures of those pages to MLB, don't know if that had anything to do w/ his suspension or not.

It probably took on too much of a witch hunt, but that was a fun couple of hours. Wonder what Keymastur is up to these days.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Anyone remember when the keymastur thing went down on the minor league board? I forget the former Reds minor leaguer/cup of coffee guy was, I believe at some point he was mentioned in connection to PEDs, perhaps in the Mitchell report after he had already moved on to a different organization, but I do remember how bodly he claimed on the weight lifting forum where he used the same user name how easy it was to get away and that you have to not be paying attention to get caught.

Ahh, that was an extremely fun hour or so in the history of redszone. I remember his utter silence once the dots were connected and he made himself out as a PED user. I was surprised the Reds called him up a few weeks later for his cup of tea in september. A quick check of his wiki page says he came up to replace Dave Ross when he was injuried in August, then was suspended 50 games in september of that same year. I know some on this board sent screen captures of those pages to MLB, don't know if that had anything to do w/ his suspension or not.

It probably took on too much of a witch hunt, but that was a fun couple of hours. Wonder what Keymastur is up to these days.
    That would be Ryan Jorgensen.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

And people wonder why there is still so much speculation
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I don't think 1/2 of the players are using supplements that are illegal or would lead them to suspensions.

Are 1/2 the players using supplements that might be in the grey area? I could believe that.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That would be Ryan Jorgensen.
    Career .150/.150/.450 hitter but his ISO is out the roof (.300)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?