Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I just saw that. The fact that someone was hitting 1.000 in the box score kinda got my attention. :O)
    The irony is, it's because of bullpen problems that he was brought up. So, here's the situation. Alex Presley was optioned to AAA to make room for Andrew Lambo and try him out in right field (he's having a big year between AA and AAA). But, due to the bullpen being seriously overworked in the last week or so, they had to option Lambo to add a pitcher (Kris Johnson, and then Ryan Reid). As you know, when you option someone, they must stay at AAA for at least ten days before they can be brought back. Neither Presley nor Lambo were down for ten days.

Both Starling Marte and Jose Tabata are injured, but neither serious enough to go on the DL, which would allow either Presley or Lambo to be recalled. So, the situation is that they are short in the outfield and in the bullpen. Thanks to decent starts from Liriano and Burnett over the last two days, as well as Kris Johnson working six iinnings in relief on Sunday against Arizona, the bullpen is somewhat back to normal, but they were still short an outfielder, specifically someone who could play center in an emergency. So...enter Felix Pie.

2. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (08-21-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Felix Pie the once top-100 prospect for the Cubs, was called up by the Pirates and lead off today's game.
    He got a hit, of course.
    I guess predicting his success turned out to be a pie in the face.

"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Pirates lose. All in all, I can't be too upset. The Padres have owned us in recent years (who hasn't?). So, 2-3 ain't bad, as the saying goes. This is shaping up to be a great race to the finish over the final 37-38 games of the year for these three teams.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Felix Pie the once top-100 prospect for the Cubs, was called up by the Pirates and lead off today's game.
    He got a hit, of course.
    mmmmmmmmmm, pie...

Heyward and Stassi (HOU) both were hit in the face with pitched balls last night. Crazy.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Brian Wilson pitched a scoreless 9th for the Dodgers in his first ML appearance since April 2012.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Braves lead the Cards 2-1 in the 5th. Cards have 1 hit so far.

Jinx. Cards with backtobacktoback doubles, and now they're up 4-2.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

That's some high-end (20MM) batting practice Cain is serving up these days.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Cards win 6-2.

Giants just tied it up. Cain seems to have calmed down. edit: Nevermind he was removed for Moscoso, who just loaded the bases full of rats w/ no outs. UGH - 3 rats score. 6-3 Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by powersackers; 08-23-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

10-3 Pirates now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

It is so amazing to see how well St. Louis plays against Atlanta in these late season series. Been this way for years.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    It is so amazing to see how well St. Louis plays against Atlanta in these late season series. Been this way for years.
    Could be because, unlike the Cards, the Braves have a playoff spot locked up by then!

If Wainwright has that big curve working tonite, the Cards will have an easy time of it.

3-1 Birds. 7th inning.

Turn Off Ads?