Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    Arizona is 8-5 over Pittsburgh in the top of the 8th; Cardinals are 4-0 over the Cubs going to the bottom of the 9th.
    now it is 10-5

titans lead vs the bengals 3-0

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jeff Locke is the new Jack Armstrong.

Hopefully pirates don't win title though.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Sveum benches Castro for lazy play.

Bases loaded with 1 out and M. Carpenter pops it up to short left. As soon as castro camps under it infield fly is called and Castro makes the catch. He then puts his head down and starts walking around like he isn't holding a live ball. Jay takes off from third and scores on a close play.

Sveum is tired of the act from Castro i guess
    Cubs look like they could be a power down the road, but, IMO, if they stick with Castro at SS instead of moving him elsewhere and going with one of their other kids there, it will be a huge chink in their armor. The guy is a horrible SS. He's young and may improve, but he'll need to improve alot to be a winning SS IMO. I'd much rather have Cozart there.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5. Likes:

Miguel Cabrera

40 Hr, 120 RBI, .361

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Miguel Cabrera

40 Hr, 120 RBI, .361
    120 RBI? Good Lord.....too bad I can't really be impressed by anyone these days. (I used to be impressed by McGwire, A-Rod, Braun, et al) Sad, really.

On the bright side, I get to watch the Cards/Cubs on WGN! You guys have no idea how bad the Cardinal announcers are. It's simply nauseating at times.

8. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    120 RBI? Good Lord.....too bad I can't really be impressed by anyone these days. (I used to be impressed by McGwire, A-Rod, Braun, et al) Sad, really.

On the bright side, I get to watch the Cards/Cubs on WGN! You guys have no idea how bad the Cardinal announcers are. It's simply nauseating at times.
    It is amazing the Cardnals went from such legands as Caray and Buck to the guys they have now. You'd think they'd make an effort to get quality guys just to continue the great tradition they have.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It is amazing the Cardnals went from such legands as Caray and Buck to the guys they have now. You'd think they'd make an effort to get quality guys just to continue the great tradition they have.
    Yes it is. But the new owners have NO interest in that. When Shannon is gone there will be nothing but company line flunkeys left.

The Cubs are reverting to type today. They look sad. Final score could be like 12-0.

arizona were down 2-0 and tied it now in top of the 6th (still a runner on 3rd)

2-2

cardinals lead vs cubs 3-0

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    arizona were down 2-0 and tied it now in top of the 6th (still a runner on 3rd)

2-2

cardinals lead vs cubs 3-0
    I can safely say that I'm pulling for 'Zona now....I want the Pirates the hell out of the picture. I mean completely out! No WC or anything.

13. Likes:

goldi leaves the bases loaded for arizona in the top of 7th

still 2-2

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    He is talking about the TV guys. I'm not trying to start an argument, but from what people on here usually have to say about Marty, he sounds far more nauseating than Shannon and Rooney. Shannon isn't very good but he's drunk all the time which is funny

Salukifan2

Yes it is. But the new owners have NO interest in that. When Shannon is gone there will be nothing but company line flunkeys left.

The Cubs are reverting to type today. They look sad. Final score could be like 12-0.
    Rooney is a very good announcer

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    goldi leaves the bases loaded for arizona in the top of 7th

still 2-2
    Is that his name or his hair color

In Chicago, Wainwright is going thu 'em like a hot knife though bear cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Rooney is a very good announcer
    Oh absolutely! Unfortunately he, like Shannon is a geezer. By the time Mike steps down John could be mush-mouthed too.

Salukifan2

Oh absolutely! Unfortunately he, like Shannon is a geezer. By the time Mike steps down John could be mush-mouthed too.
    I couldn't agree more about the TV crew though. The funny thing is that Mcglaughlin annoys me the least out of the three. And Horton is unbearable for me. he makes me actually turn the tv on mute

Turn Off Ads?