Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I've given up on the division. We're in now. The only important game is a week from tomorrow and all games after.
    Premature. We won tonight. Had we lost any ground, maybe right. But need to at least see how the three penultimate series play out for us, Bucs and Cards to say the division is gone. It's certainly not likely. But is still quite possible with just the 2-game differential.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I don't think the Nats have any intention of rolling over and letting the Cardinals easily get two more wins.
    Agree. The Cards eliminated the Nats in the NLDS last year in a real ugly, tough series. I don't think the Nats have forgotten.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I don't think anything could be farther from the truth. If you have to play in the Wild Card game you REALLY want that game to be at home. Got to keep winning to make sure that happens.
    I'd love for that game to be at home, but really in the end, it doesn't matter where the game is as long as we win it. That's all I'm saying. If we win one game in the next 6, make sure it's #6.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'd love for that game to be at home, but really in the end, it doesn't matter where the game is as long as we win it. That's all I'm saying. If we win one game in the next 6, make sure it's #6.
    Sure. but the point for a fair discussion here is whether or not a homefield advantage exists for the WC playin game. It's been much discussed here on different threads. I strongly believe our getting WC1 and hosting would make the win more likely. And, we have a real chance--not probable but better than the pure math--of still challenging for the division. At least as of tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Sure. but the point for a fair discussion here is whether or not a homefield advantage exists for the WC playin game. It's been much discussed here on different threads. I strongly believe our getting WC1 and hosting would make the win more likely. And, we have a real chance--not probable but better than the pure math--of still challenging for the division. At least as of tonight.
    I'll root like hell for them to keep winning. But are we really expecting the Cubs to win that final series? It could happen, but I'm resigning myself for the wild card, hopefully on our turf. In the end I'll be more dissappointed if we win out from here, but only to see St. Louis do the same or only lose 1, and then lose the most important game next Tuesday. Play to win, but also play with an eye on making Tuesday's game the one you don't lose, even if it's played on the moon.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Agree. The Cards eliminated the Nats in the NLDS last year in a real ugly, tough series. I don't think the Nats have forgotten.
    Agree. I've made that point a few times here before on different threads. But, beyond just the long memory of a positively awful LDS elimination last year is this year. The team has been under fire by fans and media all year long--deservedly so. They feel defensive, angry and still in denial about "how good they [supposedly] really are." The offensive outburst the past several weeks is largely driven by that. And so will a real effort tomorrow and Wednesday in St Louis.
    Last edited by 1940757690; 09-23-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Congrats guys! Looks like we've got a four game series coming up this weekend.

9. Likes:

1940757690 (09-23-2013),Revering4Blue (09-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I don't think anything could be farther from the truth. If you have to play in the Wild Card game you REALLY want that game to be at home. Got to keep winning to make sure that happens.
    While I'd agree its important to keep winning, I disagree that home field is that important. Look at 1999. What did home field matter when the Mets ran out Leiter and we started Steve Parris?
    Luckily we're currently set up in a way that has our best starters lined up from the one gamer forward. If we weren't, I would do anything I could to make it so.

Edited to add: Let me rephrase. Home field is very important. I think pitching matchups are moreso. I would sacrifice a shot at home field to rework my rotation order if that were a possibility.
    Last edited by OGB; 09-24-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

How much anti-anxiety medication would we all be on right now if there were still only one Wild Card spot? This is not a knock on the second Wild Card spot, which I support, but what a trip this would be.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

12. Likes:

LexRedsFan (09-24-2013)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    How much anti-anxiety medication would we all be on right now if there were still only one Wild Card spot? This is not a knock on the second Wild Card spot, which I support, but what a trip this would be.
    I kind of liked it the old way, I'm still not convinced about a 1 game playoff as part of the playoffs.

Baseball is a game of series', why change it? 1 game playoffs should determine tie-breakers.

I don't know.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 09-24-2013 at 08:21 PM.

14. Likes:

Crumbley (09-24-2013),remdog (09-26-2013)

This is what I was talking about with the Nats giving up after being eliminated. They're being no-hit going to the 9th inning.

Really? A no-hitter? Unreal
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    This is what I was talking about with the Nats giving up after being eliminated. They're being no-hit going to the 9th inning.
    Hitting a baseball isn't a matter of effort. That they're being no-hit tells us nothing about whether or not they gave up. The Mets have nothing to play for and they beat the Reds tonight.

Wacha is going to have a no-hitter. It sucks, but who knows why it happened.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

18. Likes:

1940757690 (09-24-2013)

A no-hitter? Meaning the Cards have not given up any hits tonight? Only 3 outs away from a no-hitter?

Top 9 in St Louis. Michael Wacha, he of a 3.21 ERA and 14 MLB appearances, has the 2-0 lead and no hitter against the Nationals.

Turn on mlb.

Turn Off Ads?