Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

9-0 Birds on a log.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow. Pirates getting crushed 9-0 in the 6th. And watching the series I less get the sense the Cards have been overwhelming them than the Pirates have been flat. I am not dissing the Cards, either, they've played like a team fighting for a spot - the Pirates simply have not. Dumb mistakes, lackluster efforts. They look drained. When the Cards lost 3 of 4 against the Reds the games were hard fought. Not getting that sense in this series against the Pirates. The Bucs may be at the end of their rope.

Wacha Wacha Wacha pitching a 1 hitter.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The entire city of Pittsburgh is on suicide watch right now.

6. Likes:

powersackers (09-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You're not kidding. Whether or not we win tonight, with a winnable set of nine next up for us and the Bucs heading straight to Texas, they likely won't be at the 1st WC position more than a day or two more. Hard to imagine them falling out of contention with the hapless Nats and floundering D-Backs both 8 back but, if any team can collapse like that, I guess it's Pittsburgh.

Personally, I hope they stay right in it because better them than the Cards and because I'll be catching our series with them at PNC in two weeks.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Especially after the turd their beloved football team laid against Tennessee today.

9. Likes:

1940757690 (09-09-2013),WVRedsFan (09-09-2013)

Other than the Cardinals blowing it, nothing would make me happier than to see the Pirates blow their WC spot. Not likely, but oh, the joy.

11. Likes:

OGB (09-09-2013),Tom Servo (09-09-2013),WVRedsFan (09-09-2013)

I doubt it. They live in Pittsburgh. If they haven't killed themselves already, they never will.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

13. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (09-09-2013),The Operator (09-09-2013),WVRedsFan (09-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Especially after the turd their beloved football team laid against Tennessee today.
    Just a shoutout to say I love your avatar. Picked up a ballcap with the same logo when there earlier this year on my way to see Billy H in Louisville. Truly beautiful place at Spring Meet time. And, was easy to find Reds fans in the stands there.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

15. Likes:

LexRedsFan (09-08-2013)

Because the Steelers lost. Now that the NFL is back, are they even paying attention to the Pirates?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

17. Likes:

WVRedsFan (09-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I doubt it. They live in Pittsburgh. If they haven't killed themselves already, they never will.
    That seriously made me LOL - enough so that I woke up the girlfriend and got punched in the ribs.

Thanks....
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Because the Steelers lost. Now that the NFL is back, are they even paying attention to the Pirates?
    They only pay attention to the Pirates when it's not football or hockey season. If the burgh likes anything it's violence and baseball is not violent enough for them, but if the Steelers have the early season I think are going to have, they'll go back to the Bucs, only because they can only think good about themselves if they win something. Most fragile psyche in the world. I married one of them. I know.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

20. Likes:

wheels (09-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    The Cards lose Adams vs. LHP...he's a sub Mendoza hitter then. As a matter of fact he's a sub Kosma hitter there!

Along with the WC leader Pirates, the Giants, Braves also lost..... all 3 have now lost 3 strait. QUITE rare for those teams. It's the September "whew" syndrome! The Cards and Reds still have the hunger.

It was reported on Friday that the Card pitchers noticed that Wainwright had been tipping his pitches. He was murdered in his last 2 starts, surrendering a mind boggling 15 ER's! It may have been true as he was super sharp yesterday. No ER while K'ing 8 with 1 walk. Lance Lynn has lost 4 or 5 strait, and it was reported that he will be given ONE final start before he loses his job to another Rook arm.

Wacha goes today. He's been sharp in all of his starts. Bucs may get swept.
    Do we get to mock the Cards now for the "tipping pitches" excuse for a guy getting shelled like people get mocked when that excuse is attempted as an explanation for our guys?

With that said, that seems to be the Cards favorite explanation for everything, either they're hitting because the other pitcher is tipping his pitches, and vice versa.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Again....the best hitter in baseball is tossed during an AB

Why can't HP umps asks when it's close???

I hate this but know most on here will agree with the ump.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id...30910_11726134

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I'd usually laugh at this, but then I realize we're from Cincinnati. Meh.

Turn Off Ads?