Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Braves need to lose that chip on their shoulder..... McCann back in the middle of things like he did with Fernandez.
    This is a joke right? McCann is the problem during this whole thing? That is what you took from it?

Maybe you should go watch WWF....as baseball does not seem to be a sport that you understand. NO Hitter has ever acted in the manner that Gomez just did since I have been watching the game for more than 35 years.

That is not some cool new thing that hitters should adapt either. That was beyond over the top and classless but I guess it will appeal to those under 25 and who think baseball would be more fun if it was played like rollerball.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I apologize.....2nd worst reaction of an AB. The 1st was Al Cowens charging from behind towards Ed Farmer after Framer broke his jaw.

The Brewers are full of excuse makers from excusing Braun to now the manager trying to put it all on the pitcher for previous HBP.

Classy clubhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    This is a joke right? McCann is the problem during this whole thing? That is what you took from it?

Maybe you should go watch WWF....as baseball does not seem to be a sport that you understand. NO Hitter has ever acted in the manner that Gomez just did since I have been watching the game for more than 35 years.

That is not some cool new thing that hitters should adapt either. That was beyond over the top and classless but I guess it will appeal to those under 25 and who think baseball would be more fun if it was played like rollerball.
    Did a blood vessel pop in your eye as you typed this? Simmer down turbo.

Gomez was inexcusable without a doubt... But it would have passed quickly, and in the Braves favor if McCann bites his tongue and moves on.... Just like in Miami.

But I do get it all to well... Baseball is as much about big boy Egos as much as it is a competition, and any challenges or perceived slight cannot go unanswered. One aspect of the sport I dislike.

Braves are a better team than that, they could have really outclassed gomez there. If they just let Gomez sit down.... Then he just looks like a bigger idiot to the world.... Now they have key players ejected... And who knows maybe even suspended after reacting the way they did.

You cannot change what happens to you, but you can certainly affect how you respond to it. Braves need to lose that chip on their shoulder, and McCann needs to act like the big boy we all know he is. Let the other children play and move on.

5. Likes:

Beltway (09-25-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Did a blood vessel pop in your eye as you typed this? Simmer down turbo.

Gomez was inexcusable without a doubt... But it would have passed quickly, and in the Braves favor if McCann bites his tongue and moves on.... Just like in Miami.

But I do get it all to well... Baseball is as much about big boy Egos as much as it is a competition, and any challenges or perceived slight cannot go unanswered. One aspect of the sport I dislike.

Braves are a better team than that, they could have really outclassed gomez there. If they just let Gomez sit down.... Then he just looks like a bigger idiot to the world.... Now they have key players ejected... And who knows maybe even suspended after reacting the way they did.

You cannot change what happens to you, but you can certainly affect how you respond to it. Braves need to lose that chip on their shoulder, and McCann needs to act like the big boy we all know he is. Let the other children play and move on.

I was as calm as the Reds offense during the Mets series when I wrote it.

You like to stir things up by throwing in a comment about the Braves like it is their fault.....and Now you want to clarify things more clearly while condescending me by calling me Turbo? Make your point clearer.....next time.

I doubt they get suspended for more than 1 game. Gomez is the one who should for at least 3. What id you expect the catcher to do after the way Gomez was berating his pitcher? I am sure you would have been real cool about it if you were one of the Braves.

You like to stir things up by throwing in a comment about the Braves like it is their fault.....and Now you want to clarify things more clearly while condescending me by calling me Turbo? Make your point clearer.....next time.

I doubt they get suspended for more than 1 game. Gomez is the one who should for at least 3. What id you expect the catcher to do after the way Gomez was berating his pitcher? I am sure you would have been real cool about it if you were one of the Braves.
    I would have been. I'm not ruled by my emotions. Anger is an emotion, just like happiness and sadness. Losing control of your anger is no less embarrassing than losing control of your sadness.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

This is crazy. I really want the Reds to take 2 of 3 and get home field for the WC.

Buy, but, but........and I know I'm over-analyzing this, but the way this team has played this year - if they lost two of three this weekend to the Pirates, I don't know, for some reason I would think they were kind of DUE to win in Pittsburgh (in the WC game) with their proverbial backs against the wall. I mean, hasn't that been the theme (kind of) for this year? Go on a little run, get excited and they lay the egg. Play like crap "oh woe is us, we suck" and then "yay, we just took three of four from STL and swept the Dodgers."

9. Likes:

Gainesville Red (09-26-2013)

As I go to sleep for the night, I do so with a smile on my face, knowing that Gomez will get his some day.

11. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (09-26-2013),Brutus (09-26-2013),MillerTime58 (09-26-2013)

I was crystal clear. Braves lose chip on shoulder. McCann back in the middle of things.

You were the one that assumed I meant Braves were instigating, or that Gomez was blameless.

And don't get all salty about being called turbo... Re-read what you wrote.

What would I expect a catcher to do? Make sure that Gomez's display doesn't shake the pitcher.... Shake it off and keep grinding. How I would have reacted isn't all that relevant... But how the Braves should have reacted is... But if you must know I'm a robot in those situations...I don't take the bait and give the other guy the satisfaction of me losing it. When I do fall for it, and it's rare, I give myself crap about it because I know better.

It's amazing the silly little things that people let offend their pride....like a grown man acting the way Gomez did. He had a great hit....and a tantrum.... Let the kids act out, and show them how to be a grown up.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I'd say he did. If a guy HRs of your pitcher and shows him up and talks $#^ ! all the way around the bases, that's what you expect your catcher to do.
    This isn't the first time McCann has cried like a little whiny Cardinal.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Personally, it wouldn't shock me if Gomez was on something. Not PED's....something to make him whacked out.

He deserves everything that gets thrown at him by the league at this point.

15. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-26-2013)

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Gomez is a great player. Great players play in AS games. I would think his behavior is going to make for some awkward NL clubhouses when he becomes teammates with people like McCann, etc.

I couldn't help but wonder what the vibe was like this year between Aroldis and McCutchen in the NL clubhouse. Now it will be Gomez and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    So what if Gomez savored it? If you don't want him savoring homeruns, get him out. Starting fights just shows how immature the Braves are.
    I'm hoping you hadn't seen the replay. Otherwise...WHAT?!?

Gomez was jawing even BEFORE the HR. He was cursing at Maholm as he trotted to first. He stared down Maholm before the HR. He was cursing at Freeman as he rounded 1st. This had NOTHING to do with him watching the dinger or "savoring" it.

100% on Gomez.

18. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    MLB Network did some digging and found out the issue/history.

Back in 2010 Gomez homered off Maholm...next AB Maholm his Gomez. Three months later Gomez is swinging to kill, smokes a double off of Maholm....next time up Maholm his Gomez near his knee.

Fast forward to today and Gomez was ready immediately and gave him the insane crazy look after he missed then just murders the next pitch, takes 9 seconds to get to first and yaps all the way around...and points to his knee while glaring at Maholm.
    Gotta love MLB Network. Nice research.

While I think the Braves over reacted to this,Gomez had it coming. He prances and preens after anything he does that is good. All players notice that and after a while it just boils over. He had better tone it down a lot or he's going be ducking a lot of fast balls in the coming seasons.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Meanwhile, while the Braves were playing grabass last night they were also losing the NL's best record. So as of now the Reds get to go to STL if they win Tues.

Turn Off Ads?