Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Cards won, Pirates lead Giants late, 3-1, on homer by their eighth hitting shortstop.

Reds may lose a game to both tonight, Friday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pirates win 3-1

Good news on the out of town scoreboard. Snakes lost. Are they finally toast?

Last night's loss was disheartening, but remember how dismal it looked when we were 7 out, yet here we are, still in the division race. We win our series and the Pirates/Cards series go two the other way this weekend is my hope. But so far we're 3-2 this week and have lost ground.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

Last night's loss was disheartening, but remember how dismal it looked when we were 7 out, yet here we are, still in the division race. We win our series and the Pirates/Cards series go two the other way this weekend is my hope. But so far we're 3-2 this week and have lost ground.
    That is good news. At this point I'm anticipating the Reds to have to win a one game wildcard playoff. Winning the division would be a great achievement, and I'm rooting like crazy for that to happen, but I don't expect it.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

6. Likes:

LexRedsFan (08-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

Would you believe that Braves fans are more nervous than Red fans right now? And I can see that. With the loss of Heyward, the Central top 3, already better teams become clear favorites.

And it's not just the Central they fear....it's the Nats too. 15 game lead cut to 11 is possible at the end of the week, and an 11 game lead with 5 weeks left can certainly be done. Big win last night by Nats....let's see if the team catches fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Would you believe that Braves fans are more nervous than Red fans right now? And I can see that. With the loss of Heyward, the Central top 3, already better teams become clear favorites.

And it's not just the Central they fear....it's the Nats too. 15 game lead cut to 11 is possible at the end of the week, and an 11 game lead with 5 weeks left can certainly be done. Big win last night by Nats....let's see if the team catches fire.
    If the Nats catch enough fire to make the playoffs, I want no part of them. Talk about a hot team coming in.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    If the Nats catch enough fire to make the playoffs, I want no part of them. Talk about a hot team coming in.
    LOL...that's true!

Red Sox jump on the All World Dodgers, who have lost like 1 game in a month!

Nats and Snakes BOTH with big leads!

Arizona's lead is gone, they gave up 4 in the 8th so now it's a 7-7 game in the 9th. Go Phillies!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

Brutus (08-24-2013)

Looks like the Reds will be 2.5 back of STL for first place after tonight.

SF 5 Pitt 1 Top 6

Not so fast. 5-3 now and Pittsburgh still threatening. The Giants are the freakin worst, it's bad enough they crushed our dreams last year and now they refuse to help us at all by actually winning a game.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Kung Fu Panda's 2 out RBI makes it 6-3 SF

Romo closes it out. Giants beat Rats.
    Last edited by powersackers; 08-25-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Looks like the Reds will be 2.5 back of STL for first place after tonight.

SF 5 Pitt 1 Top 6
    It is done. Cards in first (tied).

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Arizona's lead is gone, they gave up 4 in the 8th so now it's a 7-7 game in the 9th. Go Phillies!
    3 hours later, they are in the top of the 18th still 7-7.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

The D'Backs were winning that game in Philly 7-3 when I left GABP tonight and now it's in the 18th inning all tied up at 7-7. Talk about a crazy evening!

And I SOOOOOO want to see a 21st inning stretch right now, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?