Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

The Dbacks and Nationals are starting to win again. If the Reds continue to flounder around one these two will catch them for that last WC spot.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The Dbacks and Nationals are starting to win again. If the Reds continue to flounder around one these two will catch them for that last WC spot.
    If the Reds still have at least a 2 game wildcard lead by the time they get to the Cubs series (Sept 9), it's locked up. The Reds get to play the Cubs, Brewers and Astros while the Dbacks have 7 games against the Dodgers.

By the way, the Dbacks finish the regular season in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    If the Reds still have at least a 2 game wildcard lead by the time they get to the Cubs series (Sept 9), it's locked up. The Reds get to play the Cubs, Brewers and Astros while the Dbacks have 7 games against the Dodgers.

By the way, the Dbacks finish the regular season in DC.
    I don't think it will be locked up. Favorable, but not locked.

This is because while the DBacks play seven with the Dodgers, the Reds play six with the Pirates.

And the Pirates may need those games a lot more than L.A. needs theirs.

And the Reds are no lock to win a series in Milwaukee.

The DBacks and Nats finishing against each other is a good thing for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

This is because while the DBacks play seven with the Dodgers, the Reds play six with the Pirates.

Well, I'm just more confident. The series against the Cards and Dodgers will be rough. I'm less concerned about playing the Pirates. They're fading (6-11 in their last 17 games). They were 70-44. Now they're 76-55 and struggling. Marte is on the DL, Locke is regressing (finally), Liriano has had a couple horrible starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Not meant as a slight towards you, but have you thought about taking a few days off from Reds baseball?

I watched a total of 1 minute of last nights game and completely ignored it for the rest of the time and it was quite liberating.

Padres beat the DBacks 5-1. The Reds lead is back to six games for the second wild card.

8. Likes:

Always Red (08-29-2013),REDREAD (08-30-2013)

Despite hitting into a double play seemingly every inning, the Brewers are up 3-0 over the Pirates.

10. Likes:

PepperJack (08-29-2013)

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Pirates lose.

Now 2.5 up on Reds.

12. Likes:

PepperJack (08-29-2013)

Going to be an interesting weekend with the Cards back in Pittsburgh.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

14. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-30-2013),KittyDuran (08-30-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-30-2013),PepperJack (08-29-2013),RedlegJake (08-30-2013)

The dead cat bounce continues for the Brew Crew, bringing back memories of the years the Reds could do little more than play spoiler in the last month of the season. They're getting good pitching, and with the hot rookie, their offense causes problems. Hopefully they'll be bad again by next time we see them.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

The Nationals have won eight of nine, and are now 6.5 back in the wild card, only a half game behind the DBacks.

The Nationals schedule is pretty easy the next two weeks: 3 vs Mets, 3 at Phillies, 3 at Marlins, 4 at Mets, 3 vs Phillies. Then it gets tougher: 3 vs Braves, 4 vs Marlins, 3 at Cardinals, 3 at DBacks.

I'm going the Nats game tonight against the Mets. I guess I will have to root for the Mets since the Nats have picked it up lately.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The way the Pirates are struggling I am more confident about catching them for the first wildcard spot. How they handle business against the Cards may be telling.

Roy Halladay making his 2nd start off the DL today: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Also Chase Utley just hit a two run triple that went to the ivy in Wrigley Field, and when it hit the ivy, another ball popped out right next to it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-30-2013),RedlegJake (08-30-2013),texasdave (08-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?