Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I love how Donaldson was smiling as he was going to make the play. There have been some great defensive plays this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

23 games left. For the REDs to win the division outright, I'd say they need to win 15-16, to finish with 93-94 wins.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

4. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I love how Donaldson was smiling as he was going to make the play. There have been some great defensive plays this year.
    Heads up play for the Texas runner who tagged up.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    23 games left. For the REDs to win the division outright, I'd say they need to win 15-16, to finish with 93-94 wins.
    And that's hoping Pit goes 12-12. With 11 games vs the Cubs and Pads? Not likely.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    And that's hoping Pit goes 12-12. With 11 games vs the Cubs and Pads? Not likely.
    I don't know. I don't think they match up well against those two. In any case, 12-12 is certainly not outside the realm of possibilities, especially if the REDs can take the head to head series.

BP has the REDS division odds at 17%. Sounds about right to me. Not likely, but not a long shot either.

I don't know. I don't think they match up well against those two. In any case, 12-12 is certainly not outside the realm of possibilities, especially if the REDs can take the head to head series.

BP has the REDS division odds at 17%. Sounds about right to me. Not likely, but not a long shot either.
    I am guessing we go 13-10 fairly easily. It all depends on if we can do better than that.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Nothing like my bowling team, the future league champions of the world...sorry, gotta go, my damn wiener kids are listening

Edited to add: try me on Simpsons trivia seasons 1-10
    Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Season 1-10 are some of the best TV ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

10. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-05-2013)

Last blown save of Mariana Rivera's career tonight? Could be historic.

-The Insider-

Lonnie was clutch with those swiped bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Last blown save of Mariana Rivera's career tonight? Could be historic.
    No way, Red Sox still play them 6 more times.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

After the Dodgers, the Reds play the Cubs, Brewers, and Astros. They have got, got, got to beat up on those teams.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

15. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-06-2013), The Operator (09-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    After the Dodgers, the Reds play the Cubs, Brewers, and Astros. They have got, got, got to beat up on those teams.
    Reds are under .500 on the road. They have to fix that. They have the Brewers, Stros and Bucs on the road.

Aren't the Cubs and Padres games in Pittsburgh? If so, not helpful. I guess they play home and home series with the Cubs, seven games, and four at Pitt with Padres. Not optimal from Reds viewpoint.

Key for the Reds is to beat the Bucs in the six games between them. Five of six and Reds are in business. Four of six makes it closer but then Reds will need help.

Bucs do play at Texas next week, which is tough for them.

Cards with the easiest schedule after this weekend.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-06-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Aren't the Cubs and Padres games in Pittsburgh? If so, not helpful. I guess they play home and home series with the Cubs, seven games, and four at Pitt with Padres. Not optimal from Reds viewpoint.

Key for the Reds is to beat the Bucs in the six games between them. Five of six and Reds are in business. Four of six makes it closer but then Reds will need help.

Bucs do play at Texas next week, which is tough for them.

Cards with the easiest schedule after this weekend.
    Five of six won't happen, either way. Reds will split those 6 games, or either team will win 4-2. I do believe that the Reds will have a psychological advantage over the Bucs as they celebrated and let out a huge sigh of relief to get over that 20 year hump. I don't think there is a man on the team that thinks they won't breeze into the playoffs.

As they kicked the Cards' butts all year, they have no fear of them, and it's quite likely that the loss of Craig, the injuries hampering Molina, and the utter disarray of the Starters justifies that no fear.

In April my money was on the Reds to win the Div, and I'm sticking to it.

Now who wins that ridiculous 1 game WC "series" is anybody's guess!
    Last edited by LexRedsFan; 09-06-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Yusmeiro Petit perfect through 7 tonight for SF.

Turn Off Ads?