Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Yusmeiro Petit perfect through 7 tonight for SF.
    Anywhere to watch the 8th?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Anywhere to watch the 8th?
    MLB Network is there.

12 inches from a perfect game. But nope.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Cards up 3-0 in 5th and threatening; Reds may soon be 1.5 out and 1 from 1st WC
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 09-07-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Cards up 3-0 in 5th and threatening; Reds may soon be 1.5 out and 1 from 1st WC
    I won't lose sleep if that happens, but aside from the obvious chance of gaining another half game tomorrow with a Pittsburgh win, the Reds could benefit more from the Pirates winning since they have six more games left to inflict damage.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The big news is that Wainwright is back on track. That's essential for the Cards.

The bad news for them is that both Craig and Adams are out for most, if not all of the rest of the season. Of course that just means that Brock Peterson will turn into Roy Hobbs for three weeks.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Pirates do not look sharp. Freese just crushed one. 4-0 Cards. 6th.

Aside from that fact than many of us detest the Cards, it doesn't matter so much whether they win tonight. The best math for us is that there not be a sweep. The Cards will take over first with a win tonight, dropping the Bucs back half a game. We'll stay at 1.5 back of the lead. Ideally, tomorrow Pittsburgh would salvage a game, flipping the lead yet again while we'd gain another half game.

The best for us is that these two batter each other as much as possible. And that's a split.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The big news is that Wainwright is back on track. That's essential for the Cards.

The bad news for them is that both Craig and Adams are out for most, if not all of the rest of the season. Of course that just means that Brock Peterson will turn into Roy Hobbs for three weeks.
    What happened to Adams?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    What happened to Adams?
    Nothing. He's the Craig backstop. A STL view here:

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/cardinal...the-worst-case
    Last edited by 1940757690; 09-07-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Nothing. He's the Craig backstop. A STL view here:

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/cardinal...the-worst-case
    Sorry about that. The Pirates broadcasters were talking about the Cards being without both Craig and Adams down the stretch. Maybe I misheard it, or maybe they didn't know what they were talking about. Thx for the update.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Sorry about that. The Pirates broadcasters were talking about the Cards being without both Craig and Adams down the stretch. Maybe I misheard it, or maybe they didn't know what they were talking about. Thx for the update.
    The Cards lose Adams vs. LHP...he's a sub Mendoza hitter then. As a matter of fact he's a sub Kosma hitter there!

Along with the WC leader Pirates, the Giants, Braves also lost..... all 3 have now lost 3 strait. QUITE rare for those teams. It's the September "whew" syndrome! The Cards and Reds still have the hunger.

It was reported on Friday that the Card pitchers noticed that Wainwright had been tipping his pitches. He was murdered in his last 2 starts, surrendering a mind boggling 15 ER's! It may have been true as he was super sharp yesterday. No ER while K'ing 8 with 1 walk. Lance Lynn has lost 4 or 5 strait, and it was reported that he will be given ONE final start before he loses his job to another Rook arm.

Wacha goes today. He's been sharp in all of his starts. Bucs may get swept.

14. Likes:

757690 (09-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    The Cards lose Adams vs. LHP...he's a sub Mendoza hitter then. As a matter of fact he's a sub Kosma hitter there!

Along with the WC leader Pirates, the Giants, Braves also lost..... all 3 have now lost 3 strait. QUITE rare for those teams. It's the September "whew" syndrome! The Cards and Reds still have the hunger.

It was reported on Friday that the Card pitchers noticed that Wainwright had been tipping his pitches. He was murdered in his last 2 starts, surrendering a mind boggling 15 ER's! It may have been true as he was super sharp yesterday. No ER while K'ing 8 with 1 walk. Lance Lynn has lost 4 or 5 strait, and it was reported that he will be given ONE final start before he loses his job to another Rook arm.

Wacha goes today. He's been sharp in all of his starts. Bucs may get swept.
    I think pitching against the pirates, and not the Reds, had more to do with Wainwright doing well than some rubbish about tipping his pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I think pitching against the pirates, and not the Reds, had more to do with Wainwright doing well than some rubbish about tipping his pitches.
    I didn't realize that he had a bad history vs. the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Pirates do not look sharp. Freese just crushed one. 4-0 Cards. 6th.
    Just singled in Beltran to make it 6-0. Now bases loaded in the 5th w only 1 out. Freese heating up, really bad series For PIT.

Now 8-0

Turn Off Ads?