Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

LOL @ Fat Adams

2. Turn Off Ads?

Need to win 5 games this week to have a real shot at winning the division. 4 gives you an outside shot at a one game playoff for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Even sweeter that it was Adams. Completed his 0-5 as the potential go-ahead run. Maybe all that RISP karma is no more for the RedBirds.

Given I follow the Nats some since they're my local team, I'll be pulling for them these next three days in St. Louis like never before. If the Reds can keep the train going with the Mets, the Nats might end up being a huge help to us. A Nats sweep or series win would maybe give us a crack at the division with 3 or 4 wins of these final 6.
    Last edited by 1940757690; 09-22-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

I'm of the belief it will take all six to win it and 5-1 will get you a one game playoff.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-22-2013),Brisco (09-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Need to win 5 games this week to have a real shot at winning the division. 4 gives you an outside shot at a one game playoff for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I'm of the belief it will take all six to win it and 5-1 will get you a one game playoff.
    What are you both assuming the Nats will do in STL? Get swept or just one win?

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    What are you both assuming the Nats will do in STL? Get swept or just one win?
    I think if you get your best case scenario the Cardinals go 3-3. So 5-1 gives you a shot at a one game playoff. Crazier things have happened than them going 2-4, but I wouldn't count on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Right. Really hard to believe that the Cards go worse than 3-3 in their remaining 6 games against the Nats and Cubs.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

I really think St. Louis goes 4-2. I'm hoping for 2-4 but would settle for 3-3. Reds really have no one to blame but themselves for not winning the division. Too many eggs laid in head-to-head meetings against St. Louis. You also can't lose series against Milwaukee late in the year either.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I think if you get your best case scenario the Cardinals go 3-3. So 5-1 gives you a shot at a one game playoff. Crazier things have happened than them going 2-4, but I wouldn't count on it.
    You never know what will happen, but I don't think the Cards will lose more than 2 this week. Would be really surprised if they did worse than that.
    I'm hoping we can get the 1st W/C and at least get the home field for the play in game.

I really think St. Louis goes 4-2. I'm hoping for 2-4 but would settle for 3-3. Reds really have no one to blame but themselves for not winning the division. Too many eggs laid in head-to-head meetings against St. Louis. You also can't lose series against Milwaukee late in the year either.
    Agree 100%

The Nats have been on fire and still have some wild card hope (at least for the next couple of days), so I think they'll play the Cards tough. And you just know the Cubs would love to spoil the fun in St. Louis next weekend. I can't imagine they'll be your run of the mill doormat going through the motions the last weekend of the season. I think 3-3 or even worse is entirely possible for the Cards this week.

At least I hope!

I'm afraid of how the Nats will play once they're eliminated. Will they just tank?

The Nats are pretty hot right now and the Cubs have been a thorn in the Cardinals' side. I wouldn't rule out any kind of finish, good, bad or otherwise, from St. Louis.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

16. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-23-2013),Tom Servo (09-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The Nats have been on fire and still have some wild card hope (at least for the next couple of days), so I think they'll play the Cards tough. And you just know the Cubs would love to spoil the fun in St. Louis next weekend. I can't imagine they'll be your run of the mill doormat going through the motions the last weekend of the season. I think 3-3 or even worse is entirely possible for the Cards this week.

At least I hope!
    3-3 is my guess. I think the Nats take 2 of 3 and the Cubs 1 of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    I'm afraid of how the Nats will play once they're eliminated. Will they just tank?
    Not sure if that's a serious question but a serious answer would be probably not. They're a mix of rookies who can play but with something to prove (Tyler Moore, Rendon, Roark), vets who've been hugely disappointing this year working for redemption (mostly Adam LaRoche; Span and Ryan Zimmerman to a lesser extent), one in the batting title race (Werth) and two who're angry and talented (Harper and Desmond). Remember also that, thought the Nats don't have the rivalry history that we, the Cubs and Brewers do with STL, there's no love lost there with DC since the RedBirds crushed their hopes in last year's LDS.

As the resident expert on all things Cardinal I can tell you exactly whats going to happen in the next 6 games: 4 and 2. There is a slight possibility that it may go 3-3, but no other outcomes are possible. I can really see it not being decided between the Cards and Reds 'till the last day!

Book it, bank on it and bet it!
    Last edited by Magdal; 09-23-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Turn Off Ads?