Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    I'm afraid of how the Nats will play once they're eliminated. Will they just tank?
    If you remember 1999, when a Dodger win would been very beneficial to the Reds, Davey played his AAA lineup to avoid helping the Reds. My guess is that he still holds a grudge against the Redd due to Mrs. Schott letting him go because she didn't approve him living with a woman he wasn't married to. If the Reds win and the Nats lose or any equal of two games, he'll do the same thing. I loved Davey as the manager of the Reds and wish Marge hadn't been...like she was.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not saying that having to play the one game playoff is a good thing, but if you win that game as of now you get the better matchup in the NLDS.

As of now whoever wins the division gets to go to LA and face Kershaw and Greinke in games 1 and 2.

The wild card game winner goes to Atlanta.

In short, I'd rather win the division, but getting homefield for a 1 game playoff, and potentially going to Atlanta isn't all bad.

Reds will win the division by 10 games and be in 1st by Aug 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    As the resident expert on all things Cardinal I can tell you exactly whats going to happen in the next 6 games: 4 and 2. There is a slight possibility that it may go 3-3, but no other outcomes are possible. I can really see it not being decided between the Cards and Reds 'till the last day!

Book it, bank on it and bet it!
    Of course, something worse than 3-3 is possible, whether it's likely or not. History has shown there can be collapses. It's one thing to say it's unlikely, but it's not impossible. The same goes for the Reds too, of course. It could well go down to the last game though, but even there, we'll have to wait and see.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Nats vs. Cards Pitching matchups

Roark vs Wainwright
    G. Gonzalez vs. Wacha
    Zimmerman vs. Miller.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post

Roark vs Wainwright
    G. Gonzalez vs. Wacha
    Zimmerman vs. Miller.
    Like games two and three matchup for the Nats. Zimmerman will be going for his 20th win Wednesday. I'm glad the Nats won that 2nd game last night to keep the door cracked a little for them. I believe once they are eliminated they are going to sit their regulars most of the regular season. They may keep them in there Wednesday to give Zimmerman a shot at 20 wins.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Like games two and three matchup for the Nats. Zimmerman will be going for his 20th win Wednesday. I'm glad the Nats won that 2nd game last night to keep the door cracked a little for them. I believe once they are eliminated they are going to sit their regulars most of the regular season. They may keep them in there Wednesday to give Zimmerman a shot at 20 wins.
    It's certainly possible that Zimmerman beats the Cardinals, but he's 0-2 with a 9.12 ERA in 5 career starts against the Cardinals.

It's certainly possible that Zimmerman beats the Cardinals, but he's 0-2 with a 9.12 ERA in 5 starts in his career against the Cardinals.
    Tiem for his luck to change. I atended one of those bad starts for him last season. He had a big lead and blew it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post

Roark vs Wainwright
    G. Gonzalez vs. Wacha
    Zimmerman vs. Miller.
    Based on the matchups, either team could sweep the other. Some good arms there.

I'm afraid of how the Nats will play once they're eliminated. Will they just tank?
    Absolutely not! It's the end of the season. If they were playing the Mets for example, you wouldn't get the best from EITHER team. But these are the last meaningful games of the year for them. Spoilers are dangerous, and recently eliminated ones are twice so.

Further, if the Cubs have a chance to do ANY kind of hurt to the Cards in that last series, they may even play OVER THEIR HEADS to win and go into the post season with a little bit of pride after another sad season.

Believe me, the Cards will have to earn whatever they get this week.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    If you remember 1999, when a Dodger win would been very beneficial to the Reds, Davey played his AAA lineup to avoid helping the Reds. My guess is that he still holds a grudge against the Redd due to Mrs. Schott letting him go because she didn't approve him living with a woman he wasn't married to. If the Reds win and the Nats lose or any equal of two games, he'll do the same thing. I loved Davey as the manager of the Reds and wish Marge hadn't been...like she was.
    I'm hoping he's no longer vengeful. But yes, I remember that.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Absolutely not! It's the end of the season. If they were playing the Mets for example, you wouldn't get the best from EITHER team. But these are the last meaningful games of the year for them. Spoilers are dangerous, and recently eliminated ones are twice so.

Further, if the Cubs have a chance to do ANY kind of hurt to the Cards in that last series, they may even play OVER THEIR HEADS to win and go into the post season with a little bit of pride after another sad season.

Believe me, the Cards will have to earn whatever they get this week.
    Now go back and read what WV posted. It's not as clear cut as you may think.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Pirates with an early 1-0 lead.

Nats jump to a 2-0 lead over the cards on a Werth HR.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I can almost sniff first place now. And it stinks, because it's occupied by the Cardinals.

The division all the sudden feels like a possibility again. Come on Tanner Roark!

Turn Off Ads?