Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Hitting a baseball isn't a matter of effort. That they're being no-hit tells us nothing about whether or not they gave up. The Mets have nothing to play for and they beat the Reds tonight.

Wacha is going to have a no-hitter. It sucks, but who knows why it happened.
    Concentration and focus are very much parts of hitting. If your heart isn't in it, you're not going to be at your best.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Turn on mlb.
    No thanks.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

First up, Steve Lombardozzi, one of the Nats' best contact hitters. Grounder to SS. One out.

Next up, CF Denard Span, he of the NL's longest hitting streak this year and GG candidate. Good AB with a bunch of fouling off to take the count full but K. Two out.

Wacha just turned 22. Was at Texas A&M two years ago.

Final chance to break this up: Ryan Zimmerman. Very hot bat in Sept and former "face of the franchise" for Washington. Infield...E or hit?

Hit!

It's broken up. No No-No!!!!
    Last edited by 1940757690; 09-24-2013 at 10:23 PM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

The no hitter is over. 2 out infield hit by Zimmerman

No-hitter gone!!! Woo-hoo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    A no-hitter? Meaning the Cards have not given up any hits tonight? Only 3 outs away from a no-hitter?

Another example of how incredibly hard it is to pitch a no-hitter in baseball. 2nd or 3rd time this year a no-no has been broken up in the 9th.

Wacha now out of the game and a theoretical tying run AB in the form of batting-title contender Jayson Werth up for Washington.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Kozma continues his death spiral of a season.

Legitimately ruled a hit because of its difficulty, but once Kozma made the one handed grab, it was a pretty easy throw to first. Threw it wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Concentration and focus are very much parts of hitting. If your heart isn't in it, you're not going to be at your best.
    Sorry but that's thin.

The Nationals already knew their playoff hopes were slim the last week or so. I doubt very, very seriously that because their last shot at a miracle comeback was officially erased they suddenly lost the urge to play.

The Reds were no-hit in the playoffs in 2010 and you can't tell me they lacked heart.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Is it wrong of me to be absolutely giddy about what just happened? I can't help myself.

I wanted him to get it.

Win the division Cardinals...pitch a no hitter at the end of the year..... see how far that gets you in the playoffs. Just as far as it got the Reds last year...I hoped.

Ryan Zimmerman to 2nd on defensive indifference.

Two strikes on Werth. Down to final strike for the Nats and a 1-hitter for STL.

Grounder to 2Bman. Over. Cards win 2-0.

If it wasn't the Cards, I'd feel bad for Wacha. Just a funky little bouncer inan awkward spot and bye bye no no.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Sorry but that's thin.

The Nationals already knew their playoff hopes were slim the last week or so. I doubt very, very seriously that because their last shot at a miracle comeback was officially erased they suddenly lost the urge to play.

The Reds were no-hit in the playoffs in 2010 and you can't tell me they lacked heart.
    As someone here on RZ who probably knows the Nationals better than 99% of you, I'll say that Brutus' point here has some--but not total--merit.

There's no doubt in my mind that some lack of work ethic and drive affected the team this year and also tonight. But that's on just a few players and not the team as a whole. Wrong to generalize a criticism like that but the suit fits in just a few cases I don't need to name here.

Wacha can now go down to the local St. Louis bar and order a beer from the last Cardinal to throw a no hitter, Bud Smith.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?