Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Thank you Darnell.

Come on Cubs bullpen!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Likes:

Gunner44 (09-25-2013),REDREAD (09-25-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Darnell just thanked the Reds for getting his career kick started in the bigs.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (09-25-2013),Tom Servo (09-25-2013)

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    No links. I read something before about how he forms an inverted-W in his motion, and how pitchers who do that are more likely than others to need TJ surgery at some point in their careers.
    By inverted W I assume you mean that as he brings his arm back he raises his elbow above his shoulder? Like strasburg. I don't see that in his delivery but I sure will look next time he pitches.

OT: isn't and inverted "W" just an "M"? Idk

Cubs better not Cub this up
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Cubs better not Cub this up
    Like many spoiler teams, the Cubs are doing good work. Exellent work, really.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    That's pretty sad. speculating on when a rookie is going to blow out his arm, simply because he is on a rival team.

He's not on a rival team, he's on the Cards.

Surely you must understand that makes a big difference on this board.

Cubs error could be costly. Tieing run at the plate.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Funny fact, Liriano had an ERA under 3.00 after every batter he faced this year until Darnel MacDonald hit the 3-run HR, the last batter he faced all year. He'll finish the season at 3.02.

That's pretty sad. speculating on when a rookie is going to blow out his arm, simply because he is on a rival team. You Boys are better than that, surely.
    I'm not. When an opposing team is riding the coattails of a player with unsound mechanics...I'm gonna wait for the other shoe to drop. Same goes for opposing teams overworking their pitchers.

And I'm the same guy who worries about how long Stephenson will be able to throw the gas.

Pirates loss means Reds only 1 game behind for first Wildcard spot.

If you expect the Reds to host the WC and advance to the NLDS, they will have to win 3 of 4 vs Pitt. That is a tough hill to climb. (Maybe 25 percent chance of happening)

Just don't lose sight of the fact that the only game that matters is next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Pirates loss means Reds only 1 game behind for first Wildcard spot.
    There you go...here's an idea: Play Ludwick, put Billy in when needed and just sweep the dam Pirates! And then sweep 'em 1.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If you expect the Reds to host the WC and advance to the NLDS, they will have to win 3 of 4 vs Pitt. That is a tough hill to climb. (Maybe 25 percent chance of happening)

Just don't lose sight of the fact that the only game that matters is next Tuesday.
    There you go...here's an idea: Play Ludwick, put Billy in when needed and just sweep the dam Pirates! And then sweep 'em 1.
    Yeah, these are both right in my skewed vision of things. So, more likely than not we go back to PNC Tuesday. Unless Joey, Bruce, Todd, Luddy and the rest decide to start putting up 5 or more runs each of these last three against the champagne cork poppers? Not so likely that but I haven't been one of the more active crystal ball readers here. Love the posts with "25% chance of [this]" or "40% chance of [that]." Entertaining stuff to be sure. Never more than 50% and, of course, random number generated.

Me? I'll go on record here predicting (or hoping?) we win Tuesday, whether the game is at GABP, PNC or moved to Arco Field in Fairbanks due to flooding brought on by the tears of Steelers fans.
    Last edited by 1940757690; 09-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

3/4 is not that unreasonable. Winning a 4 game series happens a lot and if it's all at home, I like our chances. I agree though, the importance of the next three games is debatable.
    Just call me Legs

Well, you have a better chance of winning if you are playing in GABP than in the madhouse that PNC has become.

Turn Off Ads?