Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

MLB Network did some digging and found out the issue/history.

Back in 2010 Gomez homered off Maholm...next AB Maholm his Gomez. Three months later Gomez is swinging to kill, smokes a double off of Maholm....next time up Maholm his Gomez near his knee.

Fast forward to today and Gomez was ready immediately and gave him the insane crazy look after he missed then just murders the next pitch, takes 9 seconds to get to first and yaps all the way around...and points to his knee while glaring at Maholm.

2. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (09-26-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    You're living in a bizarre alternate reality if you watched that incident and claim the Braves "started a fight."
    McCann started the fight when he blocked home plate. If McCann doesn't do that, there is no fight and Gomez goes back to the dugout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    MLB Network did some digging and found out the issue/history.

Back in 2010 Gomez homered off Maholm...next AB Maholm his Gomez. Three months later Gomez is swinging to kill, smokes a double off of Maholm....next time up Maholm his Gomez near his knee.

Fast forward to today and Gomez was ready immediately and gave him the insane crazy look after he missed then just murders the next pitch, takes 9 seconds to get to first and yaps all the way around...and points to his knee while glaring at Maholm.
    It sounds like this was between just Maholm and Gomez, and McCann and Freeman had no clue what they were getting into.

I'm most surprised that Chris Johnson didn't inject himself into the middle of it, running his mouth.

Gomez/McCann had potential to be a great scrap. McCann would probably need to land a powerful blow early but if not I could see Gomez just going ape crap crazy until about 8 people pulled him off.

Hopefully this incident shines a light on what us Reds fans already knew about Gomez, and propels him past the undeserved reputation BP has for unlikeable NL Central stars.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-26-2013)

I'm just tuning in, what did Gomez do?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Somebody. Please watch Reed Johnson right after he goes after Gomez. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I'm just tuning in, what did Gomez do?
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30934665&c_id=mlb

But make sure you read my previous post for the history behind it also

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hopefully this incident shines a light on what us Reds fans already knew about Gomez, and propels him past the undeserved reputation BP has for unlikeable NL Central stars.
    He pretty much is the reason we aren't 1 game behind the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30934665&c_id=mlb

But make sure you read my previous post for the history behind it also
    Thanks. I was watching the tail end of that video and thinking there had to be some previous history between the two as Gomez was staring at him like a psycho.

Normally I think players are a little too sensitive when it comes to hitters "admiring" a home run, but in this case, Gomez comes off like a total and utter ******.

I now look forward to the day when he is found to have gone down the same path as Ryan Braun as we all know he was a punch-and-judy hitter not long ago in his career.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    McCann is just jealous because his career is on the decline.

It's silly to get that angry at a guy watching his homerun. If guys watching homeruns makes you that angry, get them out. Don't complain or start fights. The Braves look like whiny pansies.
    Are you kidding me? He was doing way more than that after hitting it and even before it.

This is not some street fight when you go up to bat. Gomez was acting like he was in death cage match in his mind. You think this is kosher? Watching too much wrestling and ultimate fighting?

MLB Network hitting it again here shortly

I tip my cap to Todd Helton....what an exciting final home showing for him.

Dan Plesac is just killing it on MLB Network

Braves need to lose that chip on their shoulder..... McCann back in the middle of things like he did with Fernandez.

Turn Off Ads?