Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Any commentary that finds the Braves as primarily guilty here has a real misunderstanding of the nature of sportsmanship, class, and respect. Gomez showed poor sportsmanship, no class, and was disrespectful. Everything that happened afterwards was a result of his demonstration. Sure, the Braves could have practiced the Golden Rule, but so could have Gomez in the first place. Neither party is excused, but I have to go with the analogy that Gomez committed a felony while the Braves were guilty of misdemeanors.
    Last edited by traderumor; 09-26-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (09-26-2013),HeatherC1212 (09-26-2013),MillerTime58 (09-26-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Braves need to lose that chip on their shoulder..... McCann back in the middle of things like he did with Fernandez.
    I love Brian McCann and wish he were a Red. If he was, he'd be lauded on here as a tough as nails gamer after last night.

5. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (09-26-2013),BuckeyeRedleg (09-26-2013),MillerTime58 (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Any commentary that finds the Braves as primarily guilty here has a real misunderstanding of the nature of sportsmanship, class, and respect. Gomez showed poor sportsmanship, no class, and was disrespectful. Everything that happened afterwards was a result of his demonstration. Sure, the Braves could have practiced the Golden Rule, but so could have Gomez in the first place. Neither party is excused, but I have to go with the analogy that Gomez committed a felony while the Braves were guilty of misdemeanors.
    I don't think you'd find very many that would say the Braves were primarily guilty.... but sportsmanship doesn't belong anywhere in there because there was none on both sides.... perhaps some less than others. I refuse to put the blame solely on Gomez..... he didn't make the Braves player react the way they did. For a bunch of millionaires adults, they sure do a great job of acting like schoolyard children.

For Gomez's part I'd like to see some fines and set out for the rest of the year. As for the Braves.... lose the chip... you don't have to answer every challenge or perceived slight.

7. Likes:

Beltway (09-26-2013),RedEye (09-26-2013),Revering4Blue (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Meanwhile, while the Braves were playing grabass last night they were also losing the NL's best record. So as of now the Reds get to go to STL if they win Tues.

That's possible, but Atlanta controls it's own fate. If they sweep the Phils it does not matter what the Cards do. If they win 3 of 4 the Cards must sweep. (a tie goes to Atl) Pretty unlikely that the Cards do that.

The hate/envy factor in Chicago for St. Louis runs deep, and it's a ONE SIDED thing! The Cards don't feel a rivalry at all anymore. So it's like a prize fight: Cards go into the ring ready for a fair fight, but the Cubs have a horseshoe in their glove!

Point being, the WC winner will most likely be heading to the deep South.
    Last edited by Magdal; 09-26-2013 at 03:41 PM.

9. Likes:

1940757690 (09-26-2013)

I can't believe we're discussing degrees of sportsmanship here. Both sides were wrong. End of story.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-26-2013)

Stat geek...and proud

Gomez is an idiot, but that doesn't excuse McCann for getting in his face and starting a fight. These are grown men. That's high school dumb jock crap. I don't like what you did, so let's fight! That's stupid. Of course most athletes aren't brain surgeons anyway.

13. Likes:

PuffyPig (09-26-2013),SporkLover (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    That's possible, but Atlanta controls it's own fate. If they sweep the Phils it does not matter what the Cards do. If they win 3 of 4 the Cards must sweep. (a tie goes to Atl) Pretty unlikely that the Cards do that.

The hate/envy factor in Chicago for St. Louis runs deep, and it's a ONE SIDED thing! The Cards don't feel a rivalry at all anymore. So it's like a prize fight: Cards go into the ring ready for a fair fight, but the Cubs have a horseshoe in their glove!

Point being, the WC winner will most likely be heading to the deep South.
    If I were Matheny I think I'd like my chances against the Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Meanwhile, while the Braves were playing grabass last night they were also losing the NL's best record. So as of now the Reds get to go to STL if they win Tues.

Gomez has just killed the Reds in all facets. He beat the Reds 3 times....he gave the Cardinals a game....then he gets the Braves out of the game and puts us looking at St Louis

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I can't believe we're discussing degrees of sportsmanship here. Both sides were wrong. End of story.
    There are varying degrees of wrong.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Cleveland up 3 zip in the sixth. Rangers losing 4-3 to the Angels. Hope those scores hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Cleveland up 3 zip in the sixth. Rangers losing 4-3 to the Angels. Hope those scores hold up.
    Rangers 4 errors in the 1st inning

Rangers have the bases loaded with no outs in the 5th

Wow....awful. Rios on 3-2 swings at a pitch way out of the zone and then Beltre flails at 2 pitches and GIDP

Bad bad baseball.

Rivera just had his final stint on the Yankee Stadium mound.

22. Likes:

Beer&Bourbon (09-26-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (09-27-2013)

Clap clap clap for Mariano....that was chilling

24. Likes:

New York Red (09-26-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (09-27-2013)

Turn Off Ads?