Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 8/18/13 - Reds @ Brewers

Re: 8/18/13 - Reds @ Brewers

Series split for the Reds. Back home to face the Diamondbacks and then hopefully an even better result when they face the Brewers again at home following that Diamondbacks series.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pirates leave the bases loaded on to the 13th

4. Likes:

ProfessorTofty (08-18-2013)

nice game...

I like reds blowouts (at first) but it doesn´t make much fun to watch a game that is decided after 5 innings...

Francisco: 13 ABs in the series...9 Ks.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    a game that goes 20 innings.
    16 innings, close enough
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

8. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-19-2013),Wonderful Monds (08-19-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

And I pick TODAY to take a day off from baseball to get some chores done around the house. *sigh*

The highlights are great and all...but it totally sucks that I missed this beauty. How did Homer look? I see the 8 punchouts. Good life on the FB? Struggle with good results? Cakewalk?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    And I pick TODAY to take a day off from baseball to get some chores done around the house. *sigh*

The highlights are great and all...but it totally sucks that I missed this beauty. How did Homer look? I see the 8 punchouts. Good life on the FB? Struggle with good results? Cakewalk?
    He looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Basically a cakewalk, he looked good. Only a few mistake pitches and he was pumping strikes.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    More proof Dusty puts bench players in the 2 hole to get them more AB as he hasn't gotten them many of late.

Reds win 10-2
    Perhaps someone already dragged this forward. The snarky answer would be "wrong on both counts" - but one run off on each end of the score, that's fairly impressive. Now if you'd have said "...and nary an extra base hit," we'd be bowing down right now.. Well done!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    What an awful ineup. It may work out but I'm not very hopeful.
    My reverse psychology work again.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?