Looking over today's events in the Boston/New York Yankees game I was perplexed at what I saw.

The home plate umpire not throwing out Dempster for the multiple throws towards A-Rod, but instead throwing out Gerardi for throwing his hat.

It seems to me the umpire took his emotions in with his decision and seemed to be playing sides. If that is the case, it is very sad. The day when we can't trust the "truth keepers" of the game, and its easily noticed, and not condemned. Will be the day when I ask for Umpires to be replaced with computers.

Now as a fan of the game, I want to keep it natural, and keep computers out of the game. As of now I am still not a fan of fair/foul instant replay.
I know natural means mistakes will happen, closes calls will be called wrong; I am fine with that.
But to see this home plate umpire steer clear of ruling a game to detour towards pushing their own personal agenda, is selfish, and not what I want to be seen from the Umpires. Stick to calling the shots, not choosing which ones to allow.

I am not contempt with Alex's decisions, but I still expect the rules of the game to be applied fairly. Let the fans chant, yell and curse all they want. But I would love to see the professionals of MLB, or even the gentlemen of the supposed gentlemen's game, to be responsible.

Alex will get his in fair time, there is a reason for the law and the appeals system.

Some people may disagree and say the ump was playing it right. But I just don't see it.

I'd love to hear other people's opinions from here. Not on MLB.com; where it is an E-thug match between Boston and New York.

I love the game of baseball and praise it for the organic and honest feeling it has compared to other sports. I just don't want that to be lost.

Jim Joyce had the guts to swallow his pride and apologize when he realized his mistake, I'd like to see more of that, and no more of this.

Paul Harvey. Good Day.