Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vottomatic RIP

A Dude in the Bushes RedTeamGo!'s Avatar

Re: Vottomatic RIP

I seem to remember Vottomatic asking for advice on how to lose weight. I would assume this was a heart attack - RIP.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Very sad to hear. I liked his user name so much I used it for one of my fantasy teams. May he rest in peace.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

This is very sad news. Condolences to his family.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Very sad to hear; Vottomatic was a passionate Reds fan.

6. Likes:

George Anderson (08-20-2013)

Gosh, I noticed he wasn't around and it wasn't like him not to be coming up with all sorts of ideas related to the Reds. He loved to challenge ideas and come up with new ones. He loved sports and its intricacies. He rode the rollercoaster. He was as passionate as anyone about them. Very sorry to hear he's not here anymore. May he rest in peace.

I am very sorry to hear this news, and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family and friends.

Sad news. RIP, Vottomatic.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Redszone really is a community. I have never met Vottomatic and never really had much interaction with him as I do not post with the frequency that I used to. But when I read through this I was instantly saddened and felt an empty feeling in my stomach.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

11. Likes:

RedEye (08-20-2013), wlf WV (08-20-2013)

So very sad to hear this. As redsfan 30 said, it is a community.

Retire his 'handle', his avatar, his number!

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Really sorry to hear this. I remember sparring with him when we were both in the SunDeck years ago.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

So sorry to hear this. I had noticed that he hadn't posted in a while. Sympathies to his family. The Redszone community is diminished by his loss.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

I battled with him a lot here, but that's part of the fun of a message board. RIP Vottomatic, hope you're talking Reds right now with Nuxie.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

16. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (08-20-2013), CySeymour (08-20-2013), mdccclxix (08-20-2013), sdwagers (08-20-2013), Tommyjohn25 (08-20-2013), WVRedsFan (08-20-2013)

Awful news.

As someone else mentioned, his user name was fantastic.

So sad

Really sad to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP
    Go BLUE!!!

Playoff Veteran

Very sad... from the obituary I have come to find out that he was the brother of one my coworkers from a few years back. Prayers to the Painter family.

Turn Off Ads?