Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rational Reds Outlook

Re: Rational Reds Outlook

Any realistic hope I had went out the window when it was reported after last season that Dusty was coming back. He's basically baseball's version of Marty Schottenheimer.

2. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I completely agree. I think a lineup of:

Choo
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Ludwick
    Frazier
    Mesoraco
    Cozart

This lineup is constructed to score runs. Votto may not be pitched around if Choo is already on base and zero outs and Phillips and Bruce coming to the plate. It is seriously embarrassing to look at lineups of our opponents and to have their fans look up and see .230 hitters batting 2nd in our lineup in front of a .300 hitter. As evidenced last night and most nights, we find it hard to score more than 3 maybe 4 runs a game. Anything at this point would help.
    2014 Attendance 0-3
    3/31/14, 4/12/14, 8/14/15

2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

The sad part about that .230 hitter batting 2nd is that guy actually gets on base the 4th most on the team. It's tough to fill out a lineup card with 4 every day players with OBP .310 or below, and 6 guys with OBP below .325.

Hometown fans can lose perspective when the chips are down. The NL Central is a tough division this year-perhaps the toughest. Even the Reds' record (even 4.5 out)indicates they can hang in most any division or lead them. It just so happens this year the central is a three team scrum with little room for error. Theres plenty of baseball left to play and all it takes is for one team to go cold and one to go hot and the story changes. Love pennant races.

7. Likes:

markymark69 (08-29-2013)

I just hope the Reds stay out of a one-game playoff. That's a recipe for disaster no matter who they're playing.
    "I had a cigar in my back pocket...I didn't wanna break it." - Bartholomew "Bump" Bailey

Turn Off Ads?