Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 1st visit to GABP and need parking advice

1st visit to GABP and need parking advice

Hello everyone!

I will be bringing my 9 year old son to his 1st Reds game this Sunday night and I am in need of parking advice for this night game.

We are driving from north of Dayton (Greenville) I-75 Southbound.

I have downloaded the Central Riverfront Garage map, and just wondering which entrance might be my best choice to both enter and exit and get back on the highway (I-75 N. towards Dayton)after the ballgame.

Thanks, and GO REDS !
    Last edited by grnvllbuck; 09-06-2013 at 11:34 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 1st visit to GABP and need parking advice

The easy-peasy way if you are not mobility impared....

As 75 splits bear right towards 71 North and take the 5th street exit off of 75 and take a left at the square and park right under fountain square for $5.

Walk three blocks to the park and buy peanuts and water for $5.

After the game exit to vine street and make a left at 6th street and head north on 75.

Alternately....Park at the northern Kentucky convention center and walk across the bridge.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

4. Likes:

Chip R (09-06-2013),grnvllbuck (09-07-2013)

i have parked in the Proctor and Gamble parking garage on 6th street (corner of Broadway and 6th) and its usually $2 to park and about 3-4 blocks from the ballpark..it was $5 when the Cards were in town last time i went because of the taste of Cincinnati..then when you leave go on 6th and leads right to 75

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post

As 75 splits bear right towards 71 North and take the 5th street exit off of 75 and take a left at the square and park right under fountain square for $5.

After the game exit to vine street and make a left at 6th street and head north on 75.

Alternately....Park at the northern Kentucky convention center and walk across the bridge.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Thanks for the advice!

Roebling suspension bridge open?

I am leaning towards parking at the convention center in northern Kentucky and walking across the bridge.

I saw a news story from this past May that the bridge was closed "indefinitely".

Anyone know if it is open to foot traffic from N. Kentucky to the stadium?

Thanks.

Re: Roebling suspension bridge open?

Quote Originally Posted by grnvllbuck View Post
    I am leaning towards parking at the convention center in northern Kentucky and walking across the bridge.

I saw a news story from this past May that the bridge was closed "indefinitely".

Anyone know if it is open to foot traffic from N. Kentucky to the stadium?

Thanks.
    The last weekday day game, it was....22-aug. Things do change.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Well I saw this too late, but in the future #1 don't park by the convention center if you are opting to park in NKY. You can park right beneath the Roebling Suspension Bridge; it's free and it saves you a few minutes walking. #2 the bridge has been open to foot traffic all season. They closed the eastern side of it earlier this year while they constructed a new walkway to adjoin it to the banks whereas before there were just steps leading down to where Mehring way used to be. The western side has always been open.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

I did this for Sat's "Joe Morgan Day" game, except coming from KY on 75 NB. Worked out well...and very cheap. Hadn't parked in downtown in a long time. Not a bad walk at all, easy in/out and the Fountain Square garage seems secure.
    "I had a cigar in my back pocket...I didn't wanna break it." - Bartholomew "Bump" Bailey

Turn Off Ads?