Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cingrani leaves in 4th with back injury

Re: Cingrani leaves in 4th with back injury

Skip him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Someone convince me that Reynolds should not be skipped with the off-day tomorrow. Yeah there are no upcoming off-days for awhile but I don't see a problem with letting our regular guys go every 5 days for a couple weeks.
    You skip with the off day Thursday, and you'll need him against the Cards on Tuesday. So, he won't be skipped unless they know Cingrani can pitch for sure on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Someone convince me that Reynolds should not be skipped with the off-day tomorrow. Yeah there are no upcoming off-days for awhile but I don't see a problem with letting our regular guys go every 5 days for a couple weeks.
    From a selfish standpoint, please? We only get to see the Reds 3-4 games a year when they come to Denver. Reynolds doesn't get us excited to spend $100 on tix

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Arroyo, Reynolds and Leake in Denver is a frightening thought. But mainly because of Arroyo and Leake in the thin air. REDS are going to need to bring the bats.

Then it would be Latos Bailey and Arroyo vs. the Cards at GABP. Much better.

I wouldn't skip anybody.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

6. Likes:

RedlegJake (08-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Skip him.
    I agree. Arroyo does need 6 days rest. This is the ultimate #5 starter that you can skip and should skip when you can.

Actually Arroyo's career numbers on three days rest says he pitches BETTER with short rest. Don't skip him. Move him up. You have Arroyo backward - he works worse on long rest. Saw that metric somewhere last year. Bronson is just a strange athlete all around.

Pitch him. The extra day for starters this time of year is a good thing.

10. Likes:

bucksfan2 (08-29-2013)

Baker and Price don't have a history of manipulating a rotation based on the opponent.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

"So Fla Red"

I would slot Reynolds for Sunday if Cingrani can't go. Or we can keep playing with 24 guys while chasing two teams and watch Reynolds fill in against the birds and get lit up like Cousin Eddie in CMas Vacation which wouldn't be a good thing.

This would require deep planning and someone making a call on Cingrani to the 15-day by Sat morning so I am sure it can't possibly be done.

13. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (08-29-2013)

Skip Reynolds and pray Cingrani is better in time for the Cards.

If Cingrani is not healthy by the time his planned start vs the Cards comes up, we're in trouble anyhow.
    It's in our best interest to minimize the number of starts Reynolds gets.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    It's in our best interest to minimize the number of starts Reynolds gets.
    ...Against the Cardinals or Pirates

Any recent news on Cingrani? I know he threw some last week but haven't heard if he will make a start against the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    Any recent news on Cingrani? I know he threw some last week but haven't heard if he will make a start against the Cards.
    John "never wrong" Fay gave a solid yes, when someone asked if he'd be back vs STL.

Chris Welsh said that Cingranni had told over the weekend him that Tony's back felt great in Denver. I guess they have to see how he feels after a bullpen session if one is scheduled before proposed next start (Thursday??)
    Last edited by Eric from NC; 09-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Fay says that Cingrani will start on Thursday, with Reynolds there if needed.

Turn Off Ads?