Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Stoops Troops! (UK Football 2013)

Re: Stoops Troops! (UK Football 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I don't care if Louisville goes undefeated....with their schedule they do not deserve to go to a BCS bowl game lt alone even be mentioned in championship discussions.
    They tried but everything seemed to fall apart schedule-wise for UofL this year. Conference realignment and then some near misses on the nonconference front led to this disaster of a schedule. As a Louisville fan I'd hate to miss out this year with a great team but at least the schedule will not be an issue anymore after this year.

As an aside, they'll play a home and home with your auburn team in 2015 and 2017.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I'm impressed by UK. The receivers are awful but they have some good players at other positions and the D-line is stout. I wouldn't be shocked to see them pull off an upset or two this year provided injuries don't make depth an issue.
    I think an upset this year would be Vanderbilt or Mississippi State and I am being generous. I love what Stoops has done so far but while there has been a lot of progress, he is making it work with what Joker left him (very little) and what he has brought in. If he can hang onto some of the commitments for next season and continue to build I think UK can become competitive again in the SEC.

The Louisville game next year I believe will be a lot more competitive. Louisville will be losing a lot of players and trying to replace Bridgewater plus they will have an ACC schedule to mow through before facing UK at Papa Johns at the end of the season. UK benefited the most from the end of season switch and I think momentum is starting to swing in the rivalry. Wouldn't be shocked if Strong is considered for some better job openings in the future as well (better than Tennessee).

As for Louisville's schedule, etc. I'm hoping for a Sugar Bowl matchup of Touchdown Teddy vs Johnny Football. Who's with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    As for Louisville's schedule, etc. I'm hoping for a Sugar Bowl matchup of Touchdown Teddy vs Johnny Football. Who's with me?
    We could do worse!

I managed to catch some of the game, I thought Louisville looked terrible for most of it -- like they didn't expect UK to even give them a game -- but they won anyway. I don't expect U of L to crumble after Bridgewater leaves, but like you said, UK should be on more competitive footing going forward... if they find a QB. It's hard to beat anyone with a pulse without one.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Saturday's game I guess gave both sides something to feel good about without either side's fans feeling too good. Louisville got a relatively easy win but is certainly disappointed that they were not able to better control the game. Kentucky showed flashes of improvement and gave the Cards a much better fight than most thought they would, but you never feel good about losing to your rival at home.

Both sides kind of come away feeling so-so, I'd guess.

Well that sucked......27 in a row now.

Stoops and co need to decide on a QB and stick with them. I liked the two-QB system at first but I don't see it gaining any consistency. The only problem is, I don't know which one you go with.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

1/21 on 3rd down the last 2 games.

I refuse to believe that Towles or Phillips could be that much worse than what we've witnessed to this point. Start preparing one of them to play 3 games from now (next two games are going to be ass whoopings)...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I refuse to believe that Towles or Phillips could be that much worse than what we've witnessed to this point. Start preparing one of them to play 3 games from now (next two games are going to be ass whoopings)...
    I disagree but I'm willing to go with anything at this point.

The problem isn't Smith or Whitlow, it's Smith AND Whitlow. I liked the idea at first of having a two QB system but once you make a change the offense just starts to sputter. The offense was clicking with Whitlow and Kemp (who I don't understand why he didn't get more carries) on the first drive, but when they brought in Max Smith the drive stalled.

Stoops and Brown need to pick one of those two (preferably Whitlow because I believe Smith's arm is shot) or pull the redshirt off of Towles and let him start the rest of the season. Take the freshmen, work them in gradually, and have a nucleus ready for the start of next season and keep adding to it.

10. Likes:

jmac (09-30-2013)

It's gotta be whitlow, IMO. Smith is mr. Glass at this point.

And Whitlow can't throw the ball at all. UK just doesn't have an SEC caliber QB. I'm sure if Towles was any good at all he would be in there. From what I have heard he just can't cut it in this system. They have even talked to him him about switching positions. Hopefully Barker is the real deal next season. He will start if he is.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

On a side note, it would be awesome to see Blue Moon of Kentucky sung at the end of every football game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au0akngU1dg
    Last edited by WVRed; 09-30-2013 at 09:36 PM.

part of BBN

I thought if they played a good game, the Louisville and UF games were 2 games they had a shot at an upset on. They played well in losing to Louisville and really dissappointed me saturday.
    It will be rough going the rest of way.
    I wasnt expecting this team to do much more than 5-7 this first year but I thought they had a good shot at that.
    Doesnt look like it now though. Just hope to see some improvement each game rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I thought if they played a good game, the Louisville and UF games were 2 games they had a shot at an upset on. They played well in losing to Louisville and really dissappointed me saturday.
    It will be rough going the rest of way.
    I wasnt expecting this team to do much more than 5-7 this first year but I thought they had a good shot at that.
    Doesnt look like it now though. Just hope to see some improvement each game rest of the season.
    UF might have one of the best defenses in the country. It was a a lot to ask of the Wildcat offense concerning a potential upset.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

A pretty stark look at the situation:

http://vaughtsviews.com/guest-post-h...lding-program/
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    A pretty stark look at the situation:

http://vaughtsviews.com/guest-post-h...lding-program/
    Richard Cheeks? Haha, he's garbage. The fact Larry Vaught allowed him to write an article on his site says a lot about Larry too. This isn't serious journalism.

Turn Off Ads?