Frazier 3B
    Votto 1B
    Phillips 2B
    Bruce RF
    Ludwick LF
    Mesoraco C
    Cozart SS
    Latos P
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/22/13 - Reds vs. D-Backs

Love games that start this early.

Glad to see Latos on the Mound today. A win today and the Reds can really put some distance between themselves and the D-backs. Hopefully Mat can get some run support and the bullpen to work behind him. He could very easily be at 15 wins right now had the pieces of the puzzle worked out in his favor.

I'm surprised by that lineup. Usually Dusty gives the day games to the bench guys. Especially since this is a right handed pitcher I would have expected Paul to maybe get a start, Hannahan to get a start, and possibly Izturis to get a nod too.

Maybe Dusty is hoping to keep guys hot going into the weekend series?
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Dbacks lineup. Cahill's numbers look a lot like McCarthy's. Hopefully the Reds can rattle around Cahill too.

1. Gerardo Parra (L) RF

2. Adam Eaton (L) CF

3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B

4. Martin Prado (R) 3B

5. Aaron Hill (R) 2B

6. Jason Kubel (L) LF

7. Wil Nieves (R) C

8. Didi Gregorius (L) SS

9. Trevor Cahill (R) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The Dbacks leaving Cincy with nothing gained is big....but leaving having lost a game is even bigger. Dusty putting this line-up out there signifies its importance.

Mez's bat of late has earned him a place at the big table. Hanny is better behind it, but right now Mez is better at it (although Hanigan has shown some life recently).

Home plate umpire today is Will Little, who I coincidentally know very little about. He has never ump'd behind the plate for Latos or Cahill in their careers.

Is he a recent callup from the minors? The ump's tight zone last night was getting a little annoying, and it would help if Latos doesn't get flustered with a zone like that today.

Ah, looks like Will Little debuted in the majors just a short time ago:

http://www.closecallsports.com/2013/...ll-little.html

Monday, June 24, 2013
    Major League Umpiring Debut: Will Little
    Will Little made his MLB Umpiring debut Monday night during the Indians-Orioles game. Little joined Ted Barrett's crew and umpired at third base. Little worked alongside 2B Umpire Barrett, 1B Umpire Mike DiMuro and Home Plate Umpire Scott Barry, filling in for MLB regular Alfonso Marquez.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Home plate umpire today is Will Little, who I coincidentally know very little about. He has never ump'd behind the plate for Latos or Cahill in their careers.

Is he a recent callup from the minors? The ump's tight zone last night was getting a little annoying, and it would help if Latos doesn't get flustered with a zone like that today.
    He was the home plate umpire in this game: http://tricitiessports.com/uvawise-f...menu=89&mad=No

It was at the time and still the worst call I've ever seen. Police had to line the field to finish the game.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    He was the home plate umpire in this game: http://tricitiessports.com/uvawise-f...menu=89&mad=No

It was at the time and still the worst call I've ever seen. Police had to line the field to finish the game.
    Who puts black font on dark blue background?

12. Likes:

Red Raindog (08-22-2013)

Game is on MLB Network today

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Who puts black font on dark blue background?
    I literally could not read it. Weird.

15. Likes:

Red Raindog (08-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    If you "highlight" the text it becomes readable.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    The solution is easy enough-- just highlight the text. But, yeah, without doing so, it's essentially impossible to read. I can only assume it was some sort of coding error, because I took a look at some other articles on the site and they all looked fine-- black on white.

Well the Reds are presented w/ an opportunity to do something I think we all would have taken coming off the weekend, winning 3 or 4 vs the team directly behind them for the last WC spot while at worst staying even w/ the 2 teams directly ahead of them them in the divsion chase playing teams running out the string.

After today there will be 34 games left (for the Reds, Arizon has 36 games left)

If the Reds win, they'll have a 7 game lead

Go .500 the rest of the season (17-17) the Dbacks would have to go 25-11 (.694%) to tie the Reds
    Go 14-20, and the DBacks have to go 22-14 (.611%)
    Go 11-23, and the DBacks have to go 19-17 (.527%, or about their current winning %)

On the flip side, if the Reds lose, they'd end the day 5 games ahead of the DBacks, meaning that if they go 13-21 down the stretch, which is still pretty bad, the DBacks would only have to win at the current clip (19-17) the rest of the way to catch the Reds.

I hope all my math is correct, but in short either way it would take a either a pretty large collapse or an extremely hot streak for the DBacks to catch the Reds. If the Reds won today, its going to take a little bit of both for the DBacks to catch the Reds.

And thusly, Dusty is going w/ his A team today, hoping to put the DBacks out of site in his review mirror. There are still quite a few games w/ St Louis & Pittsburgh, so a .500 finish going forward isn't garunteed.

19. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-22-2013),ProfessorTofty (08-22-2013)

Turn Off Ads?