Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto and his magically shrinking SLG%

Re: Joey Votto and his magically shrinking SLG%

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I would expect his numbers to rebound next year after a full healthy offseason.

And didn't Votto miss like 6 weeks with his injury last year? I would hardly call that minor.
    It was reported as a torn meniscus, unless the surgery was botched or was more involved than diagnosed he should have been healed in less than 3 months. Full recovery is typically 4-6 weeks per the Internet medical sites.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    No thanks on the homework.

Just tired of hearing about his knee surgery as an excuse for Votto's lack of power. I hope it's temporary because my favorite team s married to the guy for the next 10 years.
    An excuse? Seriously? Ever had knee surgery? Not to mention two within the span of a month. It's not uncommon for it to take an extended period of time for an athlete to regain their pre-procedure form.

4. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-25-2013)

It was reported as a torn meniscus, unless the surgery was botched or was more involved than diagnosed he should have been healed in less than 3 months. Full recovery is typically 4-6 weeks per the Internet medical sites.

Everyone's a doctor with the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post

I thought I would get ribbed for that.

An excuse? Seriously? Ever had knee surgery? Not to mention two within the span of a month. It's not uncommon for it to take an extended period of time for an athlete to regain their pre-procedure form.
    Not an excuse from the Reds or Joey but Redszone posters.

It is told that last year on June 4, Walt choose Travieso over a more deserving player. Just 25 days later, Votto ripped up his knee trying to over-compensate for management's error. Votto has been in a precipitous decline since as the Reds suffer "The Curse of the Wacha."

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-24-2013), Wonderful Monds (08-24-2013)

It's ok to question Votto's performance. We all love Joey and think he's neat. But we caan question him.

I would say its not a cardinal sin, but that's not a very good adjectove.

Pay attention to the open sky

You're Doctor Love
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

12. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-24-2013)

In internet chatrooms, I'm Dr. Funkenstein, astronuclear physicist, wildlife and microbiologist and relationship consultant.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

14. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    In internet chatrooms, I'm Dr. Funkenstein, astronuclear physicist, wildlife and microbiologist and relationship consultant.
    Wait, that's you?????
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

I will say this, we have empirical evidence that if twice a season, a thread is started questioning where Votto's power went, he shows it off. I nominate this to be an annual tradition.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

A frozen rope into the left center field stands tonight. Vintage Votto homer.

That was a refreshing sight, and hopefully a sign of "better" things to come.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Depends on what he had done, repaired or removed

How Long Until Full Recovery?

Recovery time will depend on the procedure performed.

* If a partially torn meniscus was removed - You should be back to full activities within four to six weeks.

* If a partially torn meniscus was repaired - You should expect four to six months until full recovery.
    http://ehealthmd.com/content/arthros...-full-recovery

Most articles claim it was repaired
    On Tuesday, Votto underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair torn meniscus cartilage.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

And if you remember he was "healed" once and re-injured it causing even more damage when he tried to rush and come back too soon

This winter he can work on conditioning instead of rehab and that should pay off next season with better numbers

19. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-24-2013), Raisor (08-24-2013)

Most internet health sites give you the scenario for the typical patient. But what they fail to mention is that there's no such such thing as a typical patient. Each and every case is different because each individual is different.

21. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    A frozen rope into the left center field stands tonight. Vintage Votto homer.

That was a refreshing sight, and hopefully a sign of "better" things to come.
    Seems that every time we (or at leat I) question Votto, he goes on a tear.

I like being wrong.

Pay attention to the open sky

23. Likes:

wheels (08-24-2013)

Turn Off Ads?