Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
Results 376 to 385 of 385

Thread: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

  1. #376
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,497

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Who watches the watchers???
    Chuck Norris, of course.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  2. Likes:

    Raisor (08-25-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #377
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,497

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Think what you want, I really don't care, but you'll never ever see me criticizing any other posters' opinions of the Reds or their reactions during games. Never. If you or anyone else can't see the difference, that's your problem.
    You just criticize the criticism. Glad you've made that an important distinction in your mind.

    Here's the part your missing: every person has an opinion. If someone posts an opinion that another person disagrees with, by nature, one is encouraged to respond and disagree with it. What you call criticism another one might also call discussion. This isn't a place to have hundreds of people talking to themselves. It's supposed to be about sharing opinions.

    If an opinion is an overreaction and one another disagrees with, why shouldn't they express that? It seems you're looking for asylum from disagreement.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  5. #378
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,705

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    You just criticize the criticism. Glad you've made that an important distinction in your mind.

    Here's the part your missing: every person has an opinion. If someone posts an opinion that another person disagrees with, by nature, one is encouraged to respond and disagree with it. What you call criticism another one might also call discussion. This isn't a place to have hundreds of people talking to themselves. It's supposed to be about sharing opinions.

    If an opinion is an overreaction and one another disagrees with, why shouldn't they express that? It seems you're looking for asylum from disagreement.
    Disagreements can be done without condescending comments about the person you are disagreeing with and also don't have to dominate a thread without ever believing the other person could have a legitimate point.

  6. Likes:

    New York Red (08-25-2013), OnBaseMachine (08-25-2013), texasdave (08-26-2013)

  7. #379
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,497

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Disagreements can be done without condescending comments about the person you are disagreeing with and also don't have to dominate a thread without ever believing the other person could have a legitimate point.
    And opinions can be expressed without having to act like the world is ending when something bad happens in a game.

    Most of the time when people say something in the heat of the moment, there's nothing legitimate about it. It's venting. People that have a long history of this might have a point once in a while (the whole blind squirrel finds a nut), but it doesn't change the fact they were basing their comments on nothing more than pure, spur of the moment overreactions.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  8. #380
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    You are exactly right. There's a group of posters on this site who base their responses solely on who they're replying to, not what they're replying to. Bunch of hypocrites and board cops.
    I, unfortunately have been guilty of that as well.....but not because of the poster but because of the situation at that time, or the particular game....not because of the poster.

    Unlike Rasior.... ..... I love everyone.

    We bought our tickets, we knew what we were getting into.

  9. #381
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,705

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    And opinions can be expressed without having to act like the world is ending when something bad happens in a game.

    Most of the time when people say something in the heat of the moment, there's nothing legitimate about it. It's venting. People that have a long history of this might have a point once in a while (the whole blind squirrel finds a nut), but it doesn't change the fact they were basing their comments on nothing more than pure, spur of the moment overreactions.
    I agree with every word of this post.

  10. #382
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,705

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    And opinions can be expressed without having to act like the world is ending when something bad happens in a game.

    Most of the time when people say something in the heat of the moment, there's nothing legitimate about it. It's venting. People that have a long history of this might have a point once in a while (the whole blind squirrel finds a nut), but it doesn't change the fact they were basing their comments on nothing more than pure, spur of the moment overreactions.
    While I agree....not all things live true to their norms. If a player is a proven fastball hitter and the Reds are feeding him curveballs and he is 2/2 with a HR and a 2B off of curveballs and then his 3rd AB they throw him a curve he rips foul......I'm going to be either yelling at the tv or typing on here.....quit throwing the damn curveball!!!! It's baseless as he may have 12 years of great play smashing fastballs and all scouting reports say to feed him curves....but in the midst of a game that he's single-handedly beating us on curves.....I don't care what won him the MVP 5 and 6 years ago or what propelled him through the minors.

    If a running team in football burns you deep twice....you gotta adjust then and there and at least for a bit throw out what their normal play is.

    If JJ Redick keeps pump faking threes, driving and getting to the bucket.....you gotta change things for the time being.

    And with this....the only prior knowledge you need is the immediate or what you've seen.

  11. #383
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,398

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    While I agree....not all things live true to their norms. If a player is a proven fastball hitter and the Reds are feeding him curveballs and he is 2/2 with a HR and a 2B off of curveballs and then his 3rd AB they throw him a curve he rips foul......I'm going to be either yelling at the tv or typing on here.....quit throwing the damn curveball!!!! It's baseless as he may have 12 years of great play smashing fastballs and all scouting reports say to feed him curves....but in the midst of a game that he's single-handedly beating us on curves.....I don't care what won him the MVP 5 and 6 years ago or what propelled him through the minors.

    If a running team in football burns you deep twice....you gotta adjust then and there and at least for a bit throw out what their normal play is.

    If JJ Redick keeps pump faking threes, driving and getting to the bucket.....you gotta change things for the time being.

    And with this....the only prior knowledge you need is the immediate or what you've seen.
    JJ Redick ??

  12. #384
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    18,670

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Who watches the watchers???
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  13. Likes:

    Brutus (08-26-2013), Tom Servo (08-26-2013)

  14. #385
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: 8/25/13 - Reds vs. Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    You win the Internet today
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  15. Likes:

    Brutus (08-26-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25