Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the Most overrated Reds Minor Leaguer?

Who is the Most overrated Reds Minor Leaguer?

Juan Duran.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is the Most overrated Reds Minor Leaguer?

Duran came in 42nd in this year's Redszone ranking. I hardly think he is overrated.

I personally think Duran should take whatever money he has saved up and open an NBA big man camp in the D.R. Baseball isn't going to be his thing. So 42 is over rated to me.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Jonathan Reynoso seems to be the guy for me. He got a lot of hype after the offseason rankings, and he's not tearing the cover off the ball in Billings.

I admit he's young still, but he had some helium coming into the year that seems premature.
    Last edited by PepperJack; 08-25-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Henry Rodriguez would be my top pick here. Guy can't play IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-26-2013)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

My vote is Billy Hamilton. I think he could be solid starter, but I would trade him for just about every other top 50 prospect out there. I am just not sure about how much solid contact he will be able to make in the bigs which will limit pitchers from walking him as often which will limit his stolen base opportunities. I hope I am wrong, but I am still not sold on Billy.

9. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-28-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (08-25-2013)

Resident PED Expert

Corcino.

Never gave me that WOW prospect factor.

More John Roper less Johnny Cueto to me.

11. Likes:

757690 (08-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    My vote is Billy Hamilton. I think he could be solid starter, but I would trade him for just about every other top 50 prospect out there. I am just not sure about how much solid contact he will be able to make in the bigs which will limit pitchers from walking him as often which will limit his stolen base opportunities. I hope I am wrong, but I am still not sold on Billy.
    Yeah, given the hype I think you're right. I want to change my vote, but H-Rod still can't play IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Y-Rod, Rosa, Garrett, Rahier...

Just about all of Doug's favorites.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Y-Rod, Rosa, Garrett, Rahier...

Just about all of Doug's favorites.
    Hey now, I have only rated two of those guys at all this season. So you don't know where the other two are even rated. So nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Hamilton's makng solid contact the second half of this season. He's very young for his league and was rushed to AAA. With his other skills, he's likely to be a solid MLB starting CF even if he hits in the majors what's he currently hitting in AAA. If he improves at all, he's an above averge CF. He already showing signs of improvement.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

16. Likes:

Kc61 (08-25-2013),REDREAD (08-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Henry Rodriguez would be my top pick here. Guy can't play IMO.
    I doubt he makes it, but it mostly will be because of his hand injury, which is very difficult to recover from. I think it's unfair to say he can't play. Technically, he can't, but it's not from lack of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I doubt he makes it, but it mostly will be because of his hand injury, which is very difficult to recover from. I think it's unfair to say he can't play. Technically, he can't, but it's not from lack of skill.
    He isn't a major league caliber defensive IF. Even guys like Keppinger or the atrocious Todd Walker are better. Heck, even Castro of the Cubs is a better defender and he's horrible.

H-Rod doesn't hit enough even when healthy to be a DH or 1B. He can't play IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    He isn't a major league caliber defensive IF. Even guys like Keppinger or the atrocious Todd Walker are better. Heck, even Castro of the Cubs is a better defender and he's horrible.

H-Rod doesn't hit enough even when healthy to be a DH or 1B. He can't play IMO.
    I agree on your assessment. I just don't think it's fair to call a player overrated whose main problem is that he's injured. When healthy, he hit enough to be a Keppinger type big leaguer.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Hamilton's makng solid contact the second half of this season. He's very young for his league and was rushed to AAA. With his other skills, he's likely to be a solid MLB starting CF even if he hits in the majors what's he currently hitting in AAA. If he improves at all, he's an above averge CF. He already showing signs of improvement.
    Billy's .091 ISO post all-star break does not scream solid contact.

I'm not doubting that he could be an average CF in the bigs. I don't think it's a lock, though. Also, I would argue that among the top 50 prospects, he is in the bottom half of upside due to the fact that he has little to no pop.

Turn Off Ads?