Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB Social Media Annoyances

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

MLB Social Media Annoyances

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that MLB's social media people have decided that their preferred method of marketing this year has been (basically) "Get lots of people to just keep re-tweeting a word or name."

First it was the whole "Face of MLB" thing, where every person in Cincinnati went nuts tweeting Joey Votto over and over again.

Now it's this silly "#whiff" thing -- it's made me mute tons of people I usually enjoy following because they literally destroy my timeline with nothing but nonsensical tweets with the magic word in them.

It just seems like an odd way to do business -- essentially convincing your fans to become annoying spammers for months on end.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Social Media Annoyances

It is a bit annoying. It hasn't gotten to me to the point that it has gotten to you, but I have clearly noticed the nonsensical tweets attached to #whiff or whatever the current tag flavor of the month happens to be.

What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-25-2013), Big Klu (08-25-2013)

I have a dummy account for that stuff, don't want to clog up my followers' timeline. No one on this planet cares about my MLB Now hashtag voting.

It's annoying for sure. I just hate when it makes no sense...like:

"Votto just homered. #whiff"

No, that's not a whiff. Whiff's are swings and misses.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    It's annoying for sure. I just hate when it makes no sense...like:

"Votto just homered. #whiff"

No, that's not a whiff. Whiff's are swings and misses.
    Maybe it is an acronym: Well he is freaking fantastic

It's for a good cause:

Good morning, Reds fans. Today @HSforMen presents us the big $10K check for July. Let's make sure they are back next month. @reds #whiff
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?