Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I Must Be the Only One

Re: I Must Be the Only One

Thom is ok. Better than Welch. He says some of the stupidest things sometimes.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by scotly50 View Post
    He says some of the stupidest things sometimes.
    Something might be said relative to using STUPIDEST too. I have to admit the comment made me laugh though. Irony can be a funny thing! But I do not want to come across as the meanest person here or appear to be the most stupid either.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan08 View Post
    did it ever occur that maybe he is a huge fan of the team he did grow up in Cincinnati
    No. It sounds to me like he hates the reds. Dead serious. If that's his way of being a 'fan' I'd hate to hear how he sounds being against a team. He sucks

I agree that I enjoy Thom much better when he is calling a game nationally. He is a good announcer but his negativity really gets on my nerves. Like others have said it gets old when he acts disgusted over a player not swinging at a certain pitch that he thinks they should swing at. Then he also complains when they swing early in the count and are not successful. I don't mind a player swinging at the first pitch if they feel like its a pitch that they can drive, but it seems to drive Thom crazy.

Once again if you want to hear bad...Jim Day trying to call the first game vs the Dodgers. Embarrassingly homer and faux excited. Horrid.
    "I had a cigar in my back pocket...I didn't wanna break it." - Bartholomew "Bump" Bailey

Turn Off Ads?