Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Braun admits PED use

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Braun admits PED use

Tell us something we don't know Mr. Braun
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

What a scumbag.

Admittedly, while I do hold some resentment toward Braun for what he did and the way he behaved, to admit to all that he did in this statement is a pretty big step.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I have read the statement and think it is very well done. He apologizes to just about everyone and states what he did. It's a much different approach than A-Rod. While I have a problem with what he did, I'm willing to give him a second chance.
    Where we gonna go?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I have read the statement and think it is very well done. He apologizes to just about everyone and states what he did. It's a much different approach than A-Rod. While I have a problem with what he did, I'm willing to give him a second chance.
    It is only different from A-Rod in the sense that it took him what, 2+ years to finally admit it and we aren't 2 years from where A-Rod is currently at? I mean, A-Rod did admit to using them once before....

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I think this is the key here. Braun is coming across now as the Anti-ARod

"Turned to products for a short period of time..."

Yea, okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

10. Likes:

Dwarftree (08-23-2013)

If anyone really believes that he was completely honest about his history of PED use I'm not sure what to tell you. I have a hard time believing that now he is going to completely change the type of person he is and come clean about his entire past.

12. Likes:

757690 (08-22-2013),Always Red (08-22-2013),Billy Hamilton's Legs (08-22-2013),Brutus (08-22-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-23-2013),Larkin Fan (08-22-2013),MBZags (08-22-2013),mdccclxix (08-22-2013),RichRed (08-23-2013),Sea Ray (08-23-2013),Slyder (08-23-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (08-22-2013),The Operator (08-22-2013)

For a Level Playing Field

I guess I am bothered that he is sticking to the story that the 2011 MVP award was justified. He does admit LATER in that season he took something that he thought was OK due to injury. Of course I have no idea what is true, but his actions prior to the suspension this season has made me skeptical about any story he now tells us. Good for him to apologize, but will we ever know if it is from the heart or just a PR move? I guess he has better advisors than someone we know from the Queen City.

Maybe nothing more than a conspiracy theory thing, but perhaps MLB wants the story to make the 2011 MVP award seem legit as well. It does not look good for MLB to think that award went to a cheater and would be history to have it stripped nearly 2 years later. Keep in mind that Bud and his cronies (MLB leaders, owners, etc) were the same ones that "sold us" on the McGwire/Sosa pursuit of 61 while the money poured into their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    If anyone really believes that he was completely honest about his history of PED use I'm not sure what to tell you. I have a hard time believing that now he is going to completely change the type of person he is and come clean about his entire past.
    This.

He makes it sound like he only turned to a "cream and lozenge" to aid with rehabilitation like that's the only time he ever used.

Even now, he's still lying about the extent to which he used and the motivation. I also wonder if that cream contains the synthetic testosterone for which he tested positive.

He doesn't come across as sincere even now. He comes across as someone that is trying to have us believe it was a one time "oops, my bad."
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

15. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (08-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    "Turned to products for a short period of time..."

Yea, okay.
    Only ages 22-29. That's a short period compared to how long the dinosaurs were around.

17. Likes:

757690 (08-22-2013),dougdirt (08-22-2013),mdccclxix (08-22-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-22-2013),Razor Shines (08-22-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (08-22-2013),RichRed (08-23-2013),SirFelixCat (08-22-2013),Tom Servo (08-22-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Only ages 22-29. That's a short period compared to how long the dinosaurs were around.
    Carl Everett disagrees.

19. Likes:

klw (08-22-2013),Old school 1983 (08-23-2013),Tom Servo (08-22-2013)

Sorry...I don't see any redeeming quality in Braun's lie filled admittance...at best it is another "Lance Armstrong" admittance filled with more lies.

- He only used for a short period...>WTH. Why try to come clean to only continue to lie about when/how long.

- He lied like a dog during the 2011 ban then over-turned.

I'm sorry...coming clean after you've already been caught and sentenced to come off as a truthful person is just manipulation. And finally, I'm tired of teams benefiting from these crap-heads while our 2011 Reds team struggled in the same division on teams full of cheaters. (McGuire's cardinals, Sosa and Cubs, etc..) It just cheats those teams that didn't have juicers in the past. MLB should strip all wins, titles and fine the teams substantial money for each game played with these juicers to make them pay and reward back those teams that suffered losing to this garbage.
    Last edited by UK Reds Fan; 08-22-2013 at 09:18 PM.

21. Likes:

Always Red (08-23-2013),DocRed (08-22-2013),Larkin Fan (08-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It is only different from A-Rod in the sense that it took him what, 2+ years to finally admit it and we aren't 2 years from where A-Rod is currently at? I mean, A-Rod did admit to using them once before....
    IIRC, A-Rod blamed his cousin for the most part. Braun shoulders the blame.
    Where we gonna go?

Turn Off Ads?