Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Dates

Playoff Dates

I'm pretty sure they haven't been released yet, and even once they are some will depend on results of the previous series' games, but does anyone have a rough idea for dates for the various playoff series - specifically Wild Card, NLDS, and NLCS? I believe the WS dates are already out there (with the NL team likely playing at home Sat-Mon 10/26-10/28).
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Playoff Dates

I'll take one. Preferably red-haired.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/mlb/mlb...fschedule.html

Wildcard games will be played on October 1st. Division series start on October 2nd. World Series starts on October 23rd.

This link might help some
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-26-2013 at 01:37 PM.

4. Likes:

RadfordVA (08-29-2013)

As a partial season ticket holder, I'll have a chance to purchase 1 ticket starting on Thursday at noon. The cheapest is the bleachers at $710/seat for all games with the view level next at $945/seat. So I took $1K out of savings just in case.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Hey, I'm going to the post season!!!

Well I got my bleacher ticket for all the games...

Will see if the Reds show up...

"We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    As a partial season ticket holder, I'll have a chance to purchase 1 ticket starting on Thursday at noon. The cheapest is the bleachers at $710/seat for all games with the view level next at $945/seat. So I took $1K out of savings just in case.
    This may be a dumb question but how do they know how much to charge if they don't know how many home games there will possible be? A division winner, potentially, could have more home games than the second wild card winner.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This may be a dumb question but how do they know how much to charge if they don't know how many home games there will possible be? A division winner, potentially, could have more home games than the second wild card winner.
    The ticketing systems used now can easily automatically refund credit cards for games not played or make additional charges for "if necessary" games that are played.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

10. Likes:

KittyDuran (08-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Not dumb at all...

This is what I paid for 1 Bleacher seat:

1 Wild Card Game
    3 Division Games
    4 NL Championship Games
    3 World Series Games

11 games total = $710 + $25 (fees) = $735

Not dumb at all...

This is what I paid for 1 Bleacher seat:

1 Wild Card Game
    3 Division Games
    4 NL Championship Games
    3 World Series Games

11 games total = $710 + $25 (fees) = $735
    For 11 post season games that's not a bad deal. Less than $77 a game no matter where you are setting isn't that bad. I am assuming you get refunded for any games not played?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

I bit the bullet and purchased seats today as well. I just hope the Reds are there and it goes better than last year. Walking out of that stadium after game five made me nauseous.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    For 11 post season games that's not a bad deal. Less than $77 a game no matter where you are setting isn't that bad. I am assuming you get refunded for any games not played?
    Yes, but you have to ask for the refund within 7 games after the last game played - otherwise it goes as credit towards next years season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    For 11 post season games that's not a bad deal. Less than $77 a game no matter where you are setting isn't that bad.
    I agree. I'm cheap even when it comes to my beloved sport but I'd totally hit that.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I bit the bullet and purchased seats today as well. I just hope the Reds are there and it goes better than last year. Walking out of that stadium after game five made me nauseous.
    Call me a Pollyanna - but our hopes were SO high last year especially after winning the the first two games in SF. If they get past the WC or better yet win the division to get into the playoffs, I'll be happy because they've accomplished a lot with so much going against them.

Yes, but you have to ask for the refund within 7 games after the last game played - otherwise it goes as credit towards next years season tickets.
    Not a bad deal either way if you have season tickets. If I lived in Cincy I would jump on these playoff tickets.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Walking out of game three was more nauseous for me...

Turn Off Ads?