Avain Rachal:

33BB-HBP 32 Ks in 158 ABs.
    .285/.408/.411/.820
    vs lefty 1.022 OPS .467 OBP
    vs righty .759 OPS .390 OBP

in 2012 in the AZL:
    .297/.364/.415/.779 12bb/24K 118ABs

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/av...5a5528d65.html

19 years old. I like this kid as much as many like Ervin. He may even be better.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Avain Rachal

Um, as much as first rounder Phillip Ervin?

I don't have a problem with liking Rachal or anything, but I think you are going rather far.

How much have you seen him play?

lol Doug. Maybe I got a bit carried away. Plus - do NOT read the kid's twitter account. You won't be impressed with his maturity. But that better than 1:1 BB-K ratio is silly good, his bat is very impressive.

As a post season postscript Rachal's batting average did cool off some falling to .253 but he maintained a high OBP (.397) and that great walk to strikeout ratio 41 walks to 39 Kos in 233 PAs. What may hold him back somewhat is his lack of power unless he develops some muscle - his SP was only .360 with only 21 XBH (4 HRs). He is adequate right now defensively at second base. Needs to improve a bit there, too. I do love that discipline, though, and hold more hope the rest can be developed if a player has a natural "eye".
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

How does a kid from Texas get a name like that?

Turn Off Ads?