Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Sick and tired of the Cardinals / Whiny Cardinals

Re: Sick and tired of the cardinals

I don't typically drink beer. But when I do I drink anything other than Anheuser Busch and its swill.

I do enjoy 13 responses de-railing the OP sentiment. We all hate the cards, we all hate losing and we all will pick ourselves up and root 'em on the rest of the way. (We all being Reds Fans) We all don't need a thread about it!
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I don't typically drink beer. But when I do I drink anything other than Anheuser Busch and its swill.

I do enjoy 13 responses de-railing the OP sentiment. We all hate the cards, we all hate losing and we all will pick ourselves up and root 'em on the rest of the way. (We all being Reds Fans) We all don't need a thread about it!
    I have more than confident that the Reds will not let this game effect them at all, and will continue to play solid, winning baseball the rest of the way. They've never let a bad game or a bad streak effect them all year.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I have more than confident that the Reds will not let this game effect them at all, and will continue to play solid, winning baseball the rest of the way. They've never let a bad game or a bad streak effect them all year.
    They survived being swept at home in August 2010 only to go on a run and win the division, so anything is possible.

Am I the only one who thinks one area we're seeing the lack of Scott Rolen show up in that there's no one keeping the guys "grounded", for lack of a better word? I'm not one to put much stock into the "leadership" thing but I do think we miss his presence.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    They survived being swept at home in August 2010 only to go on a run and win the division, so anything is possible.

Am I the only one who thinks one area we're seeing the lack of Scott Rolen show up in that there's no one keeping the guys "grounded", for lack of a better word? I'm not one to put much stock into the "leadership" thing but I do think we miss his presence.
    I'm not so sure the lack of Scott Rolen is the issue in the leadership department. I know it's not his personality, but if Votto was a little more vocal as a leader, I think that might help
    Just call me Legs

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Little known story about Busch Beer and the Cardinals.

Back in the 1966, when Anheuser owned the Cardinals and built a new stadium for them, Auggie Busch wanted to call the stadium "Budweiser Stadium" after the company's most popular beer. But MLB refused to have a stadium named after a beer.

Auggie decided to name it "Busch Stadium" telling MLB he was naming it after himself. They agreed to that. Then Auggie started production on a new Anheuser product, Busch beer, making sure that the stadium was in fact named after one of his company's beers.

So the brand Busch beer was only started so Auggie Busch could name his stadium after one of his beers.

No wonder it sucks.
    And a fine tradition of cheating began.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

8. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I've got bad news. THIS Is the real Reds of 2013, friendo.
    If the Reds win the next 2 games, are they the real Reds or the fake Reds? As heartbreaking of a loss as it is, it is still a loss no different than other at the end of the day. There is the psychological part of the game, but losing a road game by 2 to IMO the best team in the league is going to happen. Unfortunately, that team is the Cardinals.

Worth The Wait

I drank Busch Beer once, but I stopped because I wasn't sure how I was going to explain it to my son.....

I digress.

Our season is defined by no stat greater than 4-9. I can't get past that and it is the main reason our overall fine record seems much worse than it does. They have owned us this year and I can admit that it personally makes me feel like we are inferior.

11. Likes:

Always Red (08-27-2013),oregonred (08-27-2013),remdog (08-27-2013),The Operator (08-27-2013),TSJ55 (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hamilton's Legs View Post
    I'm not so sure the lack of Scott Rolen is the issue in the leadership department. I know it's not his personality, but if Votto was a little more vocal as a leader, I think that might help
    Votto needs to get banned from RedsZone again.

13. Likes:

The Operator (08-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    I drank Busch Beer once, but I stopped because I wasn't sure how I was going to explain it to my son.....

I digress.

Our season is defined by no stat greater than 4-9. I can't get past that and it is the main reason our overall fine record seems much worse than it does. They have owned us this year and I can admit that it personally makes me feel like we are inferior.
    I feel that way, too. I compare rosters and like the Reds...but, don't see why it is but when they take the field I have no confidence at all. I just know they will hit and we will not. It's a horrible feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I feel that way, too. I compare rosters and like the Reds...but, don't see why it is but when they take the field I have no confidence at all. I just know they will hit and we will not. It's a horrible feeling.
    Same for me and I honestly think the team feels just about the same way. You just don't feel any confidence about them at all against the Cardinals.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    This is the Reds of 2013. The 4th or 5th best club in the NL during the regular season. Good enough to have above average pitching and medicore offense that can beat up the NL little sisters but not quite enough offensive diversity and arms this year (with key injuries) to win a long series vs. the Dodgers, Cardinals and Braves. It is pretty evident after 132 games that we are who we are. Likely headed towards the first back to back playoffs in 37 seasons (let that sink in), but a mild disappointment from the hopes going into the season (or at the early 35-21 mark).

Hoping for lightning in a bottle at the end of the regular season and more than a 2.5 hour postseason cup of coffee. I am intrigued to see if they are up to the task. And if Latos and Bailey are up to the task the next couple of days.
    Giants fans were saying the same thing this time last year.

Little known story about Busch Beer and the Cardinals.

Back in the 1966, when Anheuser owned the Cardinals and built a new stadium for them, Auggie Busch wanted to call the stadium "Budweiser Stadium" after the company's most popular beer. But MLB refused to have a stadium named after a beer.

Auggie decided to name it "Busch Stadium" telling MLB he was naming it after himself. They agreed to that. Then Auggie started production on a new Anheuser product, Busch beer, making sure that the stadium was in fact named after one of his company's beers.

So the brand Busch beer was only started so Auggie Busch could name his stadium after one of his beers.

No wonder it sucks.
    I hate to mess up a great story BUT I drank Bush beer way back in 1965 in Monterrey Calif,
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Giants fans were saying the same thing this time last year.
    While looking at a WS banner from two seasons before to soften the feelings. Anything is possible in the post season, but the Broxton/ Cueto/ Marshall injuries give me a lot less confidence. Oh and the 18 year drought of not winning a playoff series...

Edskin nailed it above perfectly.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Hubba View Post
    I hate to mess up a great story BUT I drank Bush beer way back in 1965 in Monterrey Calif,
    That's because it was first introduced in 1955. Making that story false to a certain degree because it was sportsmans named after him/the beer first
    Last edited by Salukifan2; 08-27-2013 at 08:35 AM.

20. Likes:

Hubba (08-27-2013)

Some comments..

I never like any Reds loss, but when they get plain old beat, I understand it. But what gets my goat is when they wilt like shy flowers under the bright network lights and fold up like a cheap tent. Like last night. Bah.

I'll never turn down a beer. Sure, there are many beers I prefer, but if someone hands me a cold Busch beer, I'll say thank you. As I've said many a time, beer is like pizza and sex. Even when its bad, it's still pretty good.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 08-27-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

22. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (08-29-2013),Edskin (08-27-2013),Number_Fourteen (08-28-2013),RedlegJake (08-27-2013),texasdave (08-27-2013),TSJ55 (08-27-2013)

Turn Off Ads?