Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Sick and tired of the Cardinals / Whiny Cardinals

Re: Sick and tired of the cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Well said. They look they don't even care about what's going on in the field. I hope Joey calls a players only meeting and gets this team fired up. Not good that we get Wainwright tonight.....
    What did the Cardinals do that makes them look like they care? Out hit the opponent? Out pitch the opponent? Run the bases well? Play good baseball?

What does a baseball team look like that "cares?" Is it the dugout ritual handshakes? Maybe the after hit symbol flashing to the dugout? Arguing with the umpires? Plunk a few batters to start some rumbles?

Plain and simple, one team is playing good ball, the other is struggling. So, one looks sharp, the other looks bad. All these deep, mystical reasons are fun to ponder, in an angels dancing on the head of a needle kind of way. Go pitch, hit, field, and run the bases, I'll bet they look like they care, regardless of their personalities.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Likes:

blumj (08-28-2013),Chip R (08-29-2013),Dom Heffner (08-28-2013),RedsManRick (08-29-2013),Revering4Blue (08-28-2013),Tom Servo (08-28-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What did the Cardinals do that makes them look like they care? Out hit the opponent? Out pitch the opponent? Run the bases well? Play good baseball?

What does a baseball team look like that "cares?" Is it the dugout ritual handshakes? Maybe the after hit symbol flashing to the dugout? Arguing with the umpires? Plunk a few batters to start some rumbles?

Plain and simple, one team is playing good ball, the other is struggling. So, one looks sharp, the other looks bad. All these deep, mystical reasons are fun to ponder, in an angels dancing on the head of a needle kind of way. Go pitch, hit, field, and run the bases, I'll bet they look like they care, regardless of their personalities.
    Maybe the team would look like it cared more if it had a Rudy.

It seems to me that this Reds team is showing loud and clear what it is: a wildcard team and a 2nd WC at that. Fine. That means no pressure in the playoffs. In fact it sets them up for some upsets. It means they can take advantage of a system that lets also-rans into the MLB postseason. Wouldn't it be great to beat Pittsburgh and/or St Louis in the post season after they dominated us in the regular season? We've witnessed time and time again an also ran going far in the MLB post season. Let's hope that happens again this yr

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Maybe the team would look like it cared more if it had a Rudy.
    It has a Teddy.
    /r/reds

7. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (08-28-2013),RedsManRick (08-29-2013)

Damnit, I just now looked at the schedule and saw today's game is a night game. I was hoping it was an afternoon game so we could get the hell out of St. Louis already.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

klw (08-28-2013),OC_Red (08-28-2013)

I just saw the new labeling in a C-store, Busch Classic. Yes you too can enjoy the classic taste of a truly awful beer!

11. Likes:

The Operator (08-28-2013)

I don't think Chip cares as much about his posting as he used too. I've mentioned Javy a few times in the last few months and haven't gotten a reaction.

Probably time for a posters only meeting.

You're all worthless and weak

The Cardinals are better. That's really all there is to it. It's a bitter pill that some on here don't want to accept, but it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    The Cardinals are better. That's really all there is to it. It's a bitter pill that some on here don't want to accept, but it's a fact.
    Head to head, sure seems like it.

What's great is that they both get to play other teams too.

I'm going old school Yogi: it ain't over til it's over

Reds lose tonight and it will be very difficult for them to win the division barring a collapse by the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Votto needs to get banned from RedsZone again.
    We can make it happen. We have the technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I don't think Chip cares as much about his posting as he used too. I've mentioned Javy a few times in the last few months and haven't gotten a reaction.

Probably time for a posters only meeting.

You're all worthless and weak
    Chip is supposed to be a LEADER. All he's been doing is clogging up threads since RZ added the new "Quick Reply" option.

Besides, like Skip says - "It's called POSTING, not quick-replying..."
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It seems to me that this Reds team is showing loud and clear what it is: a wildcard team and a 2nd WC at that. Fine. That means no pressure in the playoffs. In fact it sets them up for some upsets. It means they can take advantage of a system that lets also-rans into the MLB postseason. Wouldn't it be great to beat Pittsburgh and/or St Louis in the post season after they dominated us in the regular season? We've witnessed time and time again an also ran going far in the MLB post season. Let's hope that happens again this yr
    I agree with you but when I think about this team facing Wainwright or Liriano in a playoff, I'm not optimistic.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Come on. Of course they care. This team is just full of players who look like they don't care at times. They aren't very outwardly emotional or animated.

This team just isn't playing good baseball right now. I think it has very little to do with how much they care (or don't care) and more to do with the grind of a 162-game season. This team could use a Puig-like spark.
    Yep, I totally agree that the Reds care.

I guess I learned a long time ago that fans are usually more emotionally invested in games than the team playing them is. It has to be that way.. I mean, I don't want Votto getting depressed because he just lost two games to the Cardinals
    I want him to shake it off and be ready to play tonight.

We had people getting mad at Choo last night for the way he overran 1b last night.. Really, that was just the Cardinals being petty. Choo did nothing wrong in that case. Since the Reds have been stinking, the fans are looking for someone to take it out on. Every little mistake seems monumental to the fans now..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Tonight's game might be a good example of why basing a few games to make complete conclusions is silly.

I'm typing with one out in the top of the first, and we have watched the Cards ace get hammered for 5 runs, watched an "inexcusable" fielding mistake, and a wild pitch.

Can we stop acting like the Cards are some infallible juggernaut. 2 days ago the Cards were only 2.5 games up on us despite them being better than us at everything imaginable.

This game is far from over, but if you watched that inning and thought that the Reds are simply not talented enough to keep up with the Cards, I'm here to tell you that you are wrong. The Cards can be beat.

EDIT to add that the Cardinals just made another "inexcusable" error of letting the opposing pitcher get a 2 out hit after a 10 pitch at-bat. I thought it was only the Reds who allowed stuff like that to happen?
    Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 08-28-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Turn Off Ads?