Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Sick and tired of the Cardinals / Whiny Cardinals

Re: Sick and tired of the cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Tonight's game might be a good example of why basing a few games to make complete conclusions is silly.

I'm typing with one out in the top of the first, and we have watched the Cards ace get hammered for 5 runs, watched an "inexcusable" fielding mistake, and a wild pitch.

Can we stop acting like the Cards are some infallible juggernaut. 2 days ago the Cards were only 2.5 games up on us despite them being better than us at everything imaginable.

This game is far from over, but if you watched that inning and thought that the Reds are simply not talented enough to keep up with the Cards, I'm here to tell you that you are wrong. The Cards can be beat.

EDIT to add that the Cardinals just made another "inexcusable" error of letting the opposing pitcher get a 2 out hit after a 10 pitch at-bat. I thought it was only the Reds who allowed stuff like that to happen?
    Reds still have 9 innings to not blow it

2. Turn Off Ads?
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osuredleg24 View Post
    Reds still have 9 innings to not blow it
    As I clearly said "the game is far from over".

The point was to illustrate that for those that don't watch the Cards regularly and have fooled themselves into thinking that they own the recipe to some magic formula that prevents the Reds from beating them that there was evidence enough in just one half inning of baseball that they are no more than a group of humans like our Reds are.

4. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-28-2013)

Think of all the bandwidth that would have been saved had tonight's game been game 1 of the series.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Haunted by walks

The Reds' run differential in this series so far is +2.

7. Likes:

757690 (08-28-2013), Brutus (08-28-2013), Old school 1983 (08-29-2013)

What I am sick and tired of is not being able to tell the difference between Descalso and Matt Carpentar....every time they go up to bat. They both look like the same guy. Boy that really grinds my gears.

I was sick and tired of that starter they ran out there tonight. Glad they chased him ASAP.

:bray:

I feel the woo inside and that's where it should stay. Goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Come on. Of course they care. This team is just full of players who look like they don't care at times. They aren't very outwardly emotional or animated.
    I agree they care; but what I meant, and what someone else just said - on that field, with all the miscues, mental mistakes, bad base running, etc., they are LOOKING like they don't care. They are giving away wins.

Without going back and looking, going strictly from memory, this team should have won a couple of these series vs the Cards this year. They found ways to give it up (lose).

We're in the dog days of August where all players physically, as well as emotionally (mentally) are starting to show some wear. This is make or break time. There's nothing wrong with some leadership, whether it's the players or manager, "kicking some butt" right now privately in that clubhouse, telling these players we've come to that point in the season where we have to put up or shut up and do what many of us believe they are very capable of doing.

What's it going to hurt? They need a spark.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

15. Likes:

remdog (08-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The Reds' run differential in this series so far is +2.
    What's their win differential vs the Cards this year?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I agree with you but when I think about this team facing Wainwright or Liriano in a playoff, I'm not optimistic.
    As last night shows, anything can happen in one game. In fact if a 162 game season has proven our Reds to be inferior, I'd much prefer a one game playoff

http://youtu.be/eyooCErXdMI

It's a beautiful morning!

That was the best game of the year, easy!

Perfect lineup? yes

Shutout cardinals in bad beer stadium? YES

Allen Craig looking stupid as can be by Homer? YEAAAHHH!

6 run barrage in front of 40,000 spoiled brats? >>>> http://youtu.be/eyooCErXdMI
    Last edited by mdccclxix; 08-29-2013 at 10:25 AM.

19. Likes:

OPS (08-29-2013)

Can't wait for the Labor Day lambasting to begin! I feel sorry for what is coming to the cardinals, it will not be pretty for them.

Turn Off Ads?