Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Sick and tired of the Cardinals / Whiny Cardinals

Re: Sick and tired of the cardinals

I figured I'd post this here. I went looking for our record in one run games this season, as well as extra innings. While looking for that though I brought up the schedule & results on Baseball Reference and our record against the Cardinals jumped out at me.

I couldn't figure out how to cut and paste the text from there into this message because I just wanted to isolate the chart for Opponent. Of course, we all know that we now are 7-11 with St. Louis, but the Runs Scored and Runs Allowed were what blew me away. We scored 71 runs, second most only to what we've scored against the Cubs and we've allowed 100 runs. Also interesting was how closely we've played Pittsburgh - 46 RS, 45 RS (6-7 record thus far).

Not sure if this means anything, but it does speak to the battles we've had with the Cardinals. Of course, nearly a third of our runs came in just two games. Almost half of St. Louis' came in four games.

Let's shut them out tonight to help a tiny bit with the run differential.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: whiny cardinals

This board is better than two Cardinals annoy me threads at once

5. Likes:

RadfordVA (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    perhaps you are right. this places needs more apathy ? the attendance wasnt proof enough?

for the record , im not calling out the cards or whining about them whining even. i just want that video saved to my phone or pc as definitive proof to end all arguments with cardinal fans in the future. they are who datdude thought they were.

what better place to go than redszone? one would think someone here has it. but its just like last week when i asked for cueto injury news i got a sarcastic "let me google that for you" reply. i bit my tongue because it was my fault for thinking this message board may have better info than what mainstream news is reporting. other sports team forums i frequent tend to be ahead of the game.

please forgive me for thinking this is a forum for reds fans. didnt know its about posturing and only allow threads about the good ole days.

Indeed. Thou shalt have thy threads merged.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by realistic View Post
    perhaps you are right. this places needs more apathy ? the attendance wasnt proof enough?

for the record , im not calling out the cards or whining about them whining even. i just want that video saved to my phone or pc as definitive proof to end all arguments with cardinal fans in the future. they are who datdude thought they were.

what better place to go than redszone? one would think someone here has it. but its just like last week when i asked for cueto injury news i got a sarcastic "let me google that for you" reply. i bit my tongue because it was my fault for thinking this message board may have better info than what mainstream news is reporting. other sports team forums i frequent tend to be ahead of the game.

please forgive me for thinking this is a forum for reds fans. didnt know its about posturing and only allow threads about the good ole days.
    I think you can vent, I think also that it could have been added to this thread though

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103039

But please continue to vent, it is good for all in the long run

I think you can vent, I think also that it could have been added to this thread though

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103039

But please continue to vent, it is good for all in the long run
    ignorant merge. the two threads are not similar. i asked a question. id like a link to the video, i dont care about the rest. if no one has it fine. we could discuss adam dunn,jim bowden or any other redszone hot topics.

I agree, we should have a minimum of 4 at all times.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

919191 (09-06-2013),alwaysawarrior (09-05-2013),The Operator (09-05-2013),westofyou (09-05-2013)

I apologize for my sarcastic reply last week- which I acknowledged at the time was sarcastic and also included a non-sarcastic reply giving you the asked for information. Unfortunately we do not have much inside information on the board these days and what there is tends to be on the MiLB side. Unfortunately you got the brunt of my sarcasm which was on alert due to a number of posts asking for info on Cueto and Marshall which did not seem to indicate any attempt by the poster to find the info. You had at least looked for an existing thread which a few others at the time had not. Sorry for targeting you with the sarcasm.

ignorant merge. the two threads are not similar
    Right, except for the fact that they're almost exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

ignorant merge. the two threads are not similar. i asked a question. id like a link to the video, i dont care about the rest. if no one has it fine. we could discuss adam dunn,jim bowden or any other redszone hot topics.
    I looked for the video this morning as I could not watch last night. MLB.Com does not seem to have the video. Unless someone generates one we may be out of luck.

Edit: Found It.
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id...game_pk=348826
    Last edited by klw; 09-05-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Yes it was ignorant my apologies mr. e.e. cummings

16. Likes:

919191 (09-06-2013),Big Klu (09-05-2013),pahster (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Right, except for the fact that they're almost exactly the same.
    really? this thread started august 28th asked about a video clip from a game played sept 4th?

Found It.
    The video is part of the Daily Recap on MLB.COM. Go to about the 1:45 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I apologize for my sarcastic reply last week- which I acknowledged at the time was sarcastic and also included a non-sarcastic reply giving you the asked for information. Unfortunately we do not have much inside information on the board these days and what there is tends to be on the MiLB side. Unfortunately you got the brunt of my sarcasm which was on alert due to a number of posts asking for info on Cueto and Marshall which did not seem to indicate any attempt by the poster to find the info. You had at least looked for an existing thread which a few others at the time had not. Sorry for targeting you with the sarcasm.
    no worries. i expected it. its just how the internet works. unfortunately my life is too busy to spend more than 30 minutes a week on Redszone. i also spend about that much time at volnation talking about UT football but overthere we seem to get scoops on injuries and other things before the general public so i spent maybe 10 minutes searching ,braced myself, and simply asked my fellow Reds fans a question. i know everyone is frustrated but no one forces people to read and reply to every single thread.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Found It.
    The video is part of the Daily Recap on MLB.COM. Go to about the 1:45 mark.
    thank you! seriously!

i wont bother anyone else with my 1 post a month ever again. maybe if i lose my job and human friends i can focus more on reading every post in every thread and return to Redszone someday as a power poster!

Turn Off Ads?