Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto needs one of these ..

Re: Joey Votto needs one of these ..

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    You nailed it! That's pretty much what I thought they might say.

Btw, they are not like the rest of us...especially Votto. He's paid millions to keep his head in the game. To not the how many outs there are in THAT situation, in THAT game, can't be excused with the "all humans make mistakes" line. 45,000 people in that stadium knew how many outs there where. ONE did not.
    Ok. So what should happen?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Ok. So what should happen?
    We whine about it for a while, then forget about it. Root for the Reds today and hope that yesterday was a wake-up call for JV and the rest of the team.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

We whine about it for a while, then forget about it. Root for the Reds today and hope that yesterday was a wake-up call for JV and the rest of the team.
    You've certainly got the whining part down. Reality is another story...

45,000 people in that stadium knew how many outs there where.
    Doubtful. No need to exaggerate just to make a point.

You nailed it! That's pretty much what I thought they might say.

Btw, they are not like the rest of us...especially Votto. He's paid millions to keep his head in the game. To not the how many outs there are in THAT situation, in THAT game, can't be excused with the "all humans make mistakes" line. 45,000 people in that stadium knew how many outs there where. ONE did not.
    Attendance was only 35,159.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...mlb_1&mode=box

7. Likes:

Chip R (08-27-2013),Larkin Fan (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Doubtful. No need to exaggerate just to make a point.
    Sorry. I failed to read the fine print that says hyperbole will be scorned.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    So, clearly, I was wrong.

Isn't it also Hatcher's job to make sure the runner knows how many outs there are?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Isn't it also Hatcher's job to make sure the runner knows how many outs there are?
    If Hatcher is telling Freese how many outs there are and not lying I'm more pissed at him than Votto.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

12. Likes:

Big Klu (08-27-2013),George Anderson (08-27-2013),Larkin Fan (08-27-2013),max venable (08-27-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-27-2013),reds44 (08-27-2013),RichRed (08-27-2013),Unassisted (08-27-2013)

That's an inexcusable mistake to make in that situation.

It cost the Reds nothing and it's not like somebody should take action against him, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

It cost the Reds nothing and it's not like somebody should take action against him, but still.
    Someone should

His fellow players... Kangaroo Court please

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=11349

BRAD ZIEGLER:

The team I was on in 2007, in Sacramento, won the PCL title, and it was the only team I’ve been on that participated in a full kangaroo court all season. Lou Merloni was our kangaroo-court judge, and I don’t know that you could have a better teammate than Lou. Every time we play in Boston he comes down to the locker room to see his old teammates. Such a great guy with a fantastic sense of humor.

That season, the kangaroo-court experience really brought our team together. No one was above it, and Lou would even fine himself all the time. There were guidelines that had to be followed, and it didn’t matter if you were a coach, a player—anybody that was around was a target. We’d do kangaroo courts about once a month, or maybe every six weeks, and it was just a big lift for everybody emotionally. It would carry us for a few days afterward because we’d be telling stories about it, including all the funny things Lou would say. He’d always wear this tie-dye jersey that was from a promo the River Cats had once. Lou went into his closet and dug out this tie-dye jersey, and that was his judge’s robe, and he’d find something to use for a gavel. There were rules about what you could and couldn’t say, like "no cursing in the courtroom." Even when Lou himself didn’t address people the right way, he’d whack the gavel and say, “Two bucks for me for not saying Mr. (insert name)!” It was just non-stop. We got to the point where we were really filling the fine box—all fines were written down anonymously and submitted in a shoebox—just because kangaroo court was so much fun. It got to that point that you almost couldn’t get away with anything.

15. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-27-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-27-2013),reds44 (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

Is anyone really excusing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    If Hatcher is telling Freese how many outs there are and not lying I'm more pissed at him than Votto.
    Now we know why this team has so many TOOTBLANs. Hatcher and Berry have been giving instructions to the opposition rather than their own players. Now it all makes sense!

18. Likes:

Kc61 (08-27-2013),Razor Shines (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    Now we know why this team has so many TOOTBLANs. Hatcher and Berry have been giving instructions to the opposition rather than their own players. Now it all makes sense!
    Maybe Hatcher called "All time base coach!"
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

20. Likes:

max venable (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    lol my bad...long day in the office
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Turn Off Ads?