Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto needs one of these ..

Re: Joey Votto needs one of these ..

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    lol my bad...long day in the office
    It's ok, you pulled a Votto, it happens.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Likes:

Always Red (08-27-2013),CySeymour (08-27-2013),Larkin Fan (08-27-2013),max venable (08-27-2013),Roy Tucker (08-27-2013),westofyou (08-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Just to be clear....When someone says "inexcusable", what does that actually mean?

Inexcusable, to me means a transgression so great that there is nothing a player can do to exonerate himself. Usually grounds for unceremonious release, or benching at best.

What does inexcusable mean to you?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post

Indefensible, unjustifiable, unwarranted, unpardonable, unforgivable; worthy of reams and reams of insults written in angry black pencil lead on the wall of my basement man cave

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Indefensible, unjustifiable, unwarranted, unpardonable, unforgivable; worthy of reams and reams of insults written in angry black pencil lead on the wall of my basement man cave
    Pitchforks! Tar and feathering for his inexcusable transgressions!

Let's get at him when the team plane touches down.....better yet. Let's convoy to St. Louis. Forty lashes under the Arch!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I've rung batters up on strike 2 lotsa times and boy did I feel stupid every time I did it.

In fact I once struck a batter out on strike 1. It was during a bs summer league game so no one cared, but that also got me feeling pretty darn stupid. Lance Lynn's former HS coach couldn't stop laughing. He still brings it up to this day when I see him.

Bottom line is it happens.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

8. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-27-2013),Razor Shines (08-27-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (08-27-2013),wheels (08-27-2013)

Just to be clear....When someone says "inexcusable", what does that actually mean?

Inexcusable, to me means a transgression so great that there is nothing a player can do to exonerate himself. Usually grounds for unceremonious release, or benching at best.

It simply means there's no excuse for it.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

10. Likes:

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Okay. Great. Now what?

Okay. Great. Now what?
    I keep asking this

They call me "chef"

The atonement for an inexcusable mistake is that you must stand there while your boss or coach repeats "That was inexcusable!" over and over again until he or she gets physically tired or is distracted by a third party or sudden event.

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-27-2013),wheels (08-27-2013)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

As long as Votto doesn't forget where bats in the batting order...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    The atonement for an inexcusable mistake is that you must stand there while your boss or coach repeats "That was inexcusable!" over and over again until he or she gets physically tired or is distracted by a third party or sudden event.
    In my world when one makes an inexcusable mistake, one has one less client. (Might also be a good idea to contact the malpractice carrier). Not a good idea to make an inexcusable mistake. Real life is hard.

Booger

Here is a brain cramp from last year. Lopez Lomong was on pace for a world season leading time in the 5000 meters at a meet last Spring at Stanford until his brain got in the way

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eTxsYV8DH...%3DeTxsYV8DHu0

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    In my world when one makes an inexcusable mistake, one has one less client. (Might also be a good idea to contact the malpractice carrier). Not a good idea to make an inexcusable mistake. Real life is hard.
    Good grief. People use the term "inexcusable" all the time (the phrase "all the time" is also not meant to be taken literally). It's a figure of speech. Are we really going to critique and analyze figures of speech in this forum?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

21. Likes:

Turn Off Ads?