Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 721

Thread: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

  1. #661
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    116

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Leake is a warrior who who lays it all out every night. Saying he doesn't care is about as rediculous as saying Bronson doesn't care. So far the board has been fairly good about not over reacting tonight, but we're starting to waiver.
    I disagree. A warrior would not laugh about a bonehead throw against a team he is chasing in the hunt for a championship. A warrior would get made at himself and come back with fire in his belly.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #662
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,348

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    I believe these guys have no focus because the field manager doesn't demand it.
    Even if he did, the complete lack of quality alternatives on the bench would eviscerate any attempts to hold them accountable.

    "Brandon, you completely lost the plot out there. That's not what I expect from my players and so I'm going to put in Cesar...wait, why are you laughing at me?"

  4. #663
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    "We're all big boys here and all getting paid. They need to be accountable for their mistakes."
    Sounds very reasonable to me. Sounds like he's treating them like adults.

  5. #664
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,520

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    @ENQSports: Dusty: "We just gotta play better baseball. ... I'm .. getting tired of answering these questions. ... Guys have to be accountable." #Reds

  6. #665
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    I disagree. A warrior would not laugh about a bonehead throw against a team he is chasing in the hunt for a championship. A warrior would get made at himself and come back with fire in his belly.
    Poo. He pitched 6+ solid innings on the road under tough circumstances and would have got the win with a semi competent bullpen. Mike Leake is the last problem on this team, on the field or in the clubhouse. Too many fans base too much on facial expressions they percieve on TV. This is not high school.

  7. Likes:

    Red Raindog (08-28-2013), REDREAD (08-28-2013)

  8. #666
    I thought you'd be bigger OldXOhio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Green Country
    Posts
    2,791

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Can I just state that I hate the Cardinals. I live in Cardinal country. I hate this. I'll hear about this series for a solid week from every neighbor I have. I have 6 Reds t-shirts. I'm going to wear a different one every day this week. And give 'em all the bird.
    I live in quasi-Cardinals country too. And the more the Reds evolve into STL's prison squeeze, the more I respect the Cards for their winning ways. They just get it done, no excuses. The fact that Carp and JimEd are gone certainly helps.
    Originally Posted by nate
    Chapman can be downright pornographic at times.

  9. #667
    Member Rantly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Delaware oh
    Posts
    116

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    What they miss is Scott Rolen. Replacing Rolen with Jack Hannahan just doesn't get it. Rolen was like my high school principal. He never raised his voice, but you respected him and didn't want him to be mad at you or disappointed with you. He led by example. This team has none of that. Rolen was there to do what my principal did. I couldn't help but notice as Mat Latos went into the dugout, there was Leake and another player goofing off as Mat was going off.
    BTW, Dusty just threw the team under the bus again. "We're all big boys here and all getting paid. They need to be accountable for their mistakes."
    I'm tired of hearing about Rolen. What had we really accomplished with him?

  10. #668
    Member RedsBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    602

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Even if he did, the complete lack of quality alternatives on the bench would eviscerate any attempts to hold them accountable.

    "Brandon, you completely lost the plot out there. That's not what I expect from my players and so I'm going to put in Cesar...wait, why are you laughing at me?"
    You don't have to pull someone from the line-up to hold them accountable.

  11. #669
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about Rolen. What had we really accomplished with him?
    Two Central division Championships. Seemed pretty nice after the Lidner years. But i agree, time for the current guys to put on their big boy pants.

  12. #670
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,960

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    @ENQSports: Dusty: "We just gotta play better baseball. ... I'm .. getting tired of answering these questions. ... Guys have to be accountable." #Reds
    I agree with Dusty that it's not his job to tell a ML ball player how many outs there are or to look at the 3rd base coach however when there are no consequences for those mistakes....that's on Dusty...

    Taking out Cozart would of sent a message, it would of been on sportscenter. There has to be consequences.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  13. Likes:

    texasdave (08-28-2013)

  14. #671
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    116

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Poo. He pitched 6+ solid innings on the road under tough circumstances and would have got the win with a semi competent bullpen. Mike Leake is the last problem on this team, on the field or in the clubhouse. Too many fans base too much on facial expressions they percieve on TV. This is not high school.
    Facial expressions say a ton. A warrior, Chris Carpenter, would never have come close to even a grin had he made a throw like that. The fact that we here accept this laid back attitude shows why the players do as well.

  15. #672
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,910

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    No anchor tied to your bottoms boys, if you want to root for the Cardinals and their gritty warriors, I'm sure there's a CardinalsZone out there for ya. Through thick and thin, I'm happy as a Red.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  16. Likes:

    kbrake (08-28-2013), Larkin Fan (08-28-2013)

  17. #673
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,960

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Two Central division Championships. Seemed pretty nice after the Lidner years. But i agree, time for the current guys to put on their big boy pants.
    I agree with you Muteman that it's time. However we all know with Griffey...just because your a star does not mean your a leader. It has to be a everyday player.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  18. #674
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No anchor tied to your bottoms boys, if you want to root for the Cardinals and their gritty warriors, I'm sure there's a CardinalsZone out there for ya. Through thick and thin, I'm happy as a Red.
    The Cardinals are not the problem.

  19. #675
    I thought you'd be bigger OldXOhio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Green Country
    Posts
    2,791

    Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No anchor tied to your bottoms boys, if you want to root for the Cardinals and their gritty warriors, I'm sure there's a CardinalsZone out there for ya. Through thick and thin, I'm happy as a Red.
    Yep, that's what was said
    Originally Posted by nate
    Chapman can be downright pornographic at times.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25