Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Good Insight

Re: Pretty Good Insight

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Casual, unless his Pirates are winning. (This is from last year.)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...tes/index.html

Wow. Just wow. The Enquirer should have dumped him for that. Now it's clear why he gripes about Votto, etc. What a moron.

2. Turn Off Ads?

After reading that article Paul wrote about the Pirates, I keep waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell Cincinnati that they've been Punk'd. Wow, just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Wow. Just wow. The Enquirer should have dumped him for that. Now it's clear why he gripes about Votto, etc. What a moron.

It is a bit unreal that the "top" sports columnist at the Enquirer claims to be a non-biased observer of the home club, then writes this piece, whereby he CLEARLY states his unending loyalty to a division rival.

How can anybody take his opinion on the Reds seriously? (and not just talking about his surface knowledge of the game)...

Anyway, that really was nauseating. I'd hope some of his regular facebook commenters on the Enquirer site would start taking him behind the woodshed. Really wouldn't be a difficult task, but I agree with others that said they won't give him the clicks/hits/views that his trolling so begs for.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Casual, unless his Pirates are winning. (This is from last year.)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...tes/index.html
    WTF, this is crazy. Why is he working for Cincinnati Enquirer? Was he ran out of Pittsburgh or something? I can't believe it was possible but I hate PD more now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPete Ibold View Post
    It is a bit unreal that the "top" sports columnist at the Enquirer claims to be a non-biased observer of the home club, then writes this piece, whereby he CLEARLY states his unending loyalty to a division rival.

How can anybody take his opinion on the Reds seriously? (and not just talking about his surface knowledge of the game)...

Anyway, that really was nauseating. I'd hope some of his regular facebook commenters on the Enquirer site would start taking him behind the woodshed. Really wouldn't be a difficult task, but I agree with others that said they won't give him the clicks/hits/views that his trolling so begs for.
    Paul has never denied that he is a Pirates and Redskins fan. He talks about the Pirates almost daily in his blog.

A lot of folks in here are clearly enjoying a large portion of hater-tots, and washing them down with some ice cold Hater-ade.

I'd like to match Doc's last 10k words in print with anyone's last 10,000 words here at RedsZone who is bashing him.

Like going to a concert and bashing the band....even though you don't play.
    And the singer is terrible... you don't sing though.
    And at the comedy club, you heckle the comedian...never told a funny joke in your life though.
    And that movie you saw last week? Worst movie ever.

Critics...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

8. Likes:

moewan (08-28-2013)

I'm not trying to defend Paul here, but he's not writing the day to day articles about the reds, outside his blog. He's the written version of a radio guy [which incidentally he wasn't very good at either], he's just a guy who tries to get people talking. He doesn't need to like the Reds, root for the Reds, or really know much below the surface of the Reds to incite the occasional verbal riot.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Apparently Dat Dude don't like the criticism:

Brian Stull ‏@StullySTL 55m Just witnessed Brandon Phillips go off in CIN clubhouse, not pleased w some media members

Brian Stull ‏@StullySTL 41m BP took exception to question of his OBP/what he felt was negative coverage Said his peace but then crashed Dusty's presser for more f-bombs

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Apparently Dat Dude don't like the criticism:

Brian Stull ‏@StullySTL 55m Just witnessed Brandon Phillips go off in CIN clubhouse, not pleased w some media members

Brian Stull ‏@StullySTL 41m BP took exception to question of his OBP/what he felt was negative coverage Said his peace but then crashed Dusty's presser for more f-bombs
    Well, for sure Doc isn't there. He barely goes to GABP.

BP must be hacked at one of the mild mannered dudes (Fay, Sheldon) who cover the Reds and ask no difficult questions, because Dusty gets mad. Which means BP is feeling pressure, same as Dusty last night. Next thing we know, Joey Votto will be throwing gum wrappers violently into garbage cans. Oh, the horror.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Oh, I missed that! He WAS wrong, that one time.
    "usually" does not mean 'every time but once".

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    From now on all my friends are gonna be strangers
    Roy Nichols, James Burton, Merle and the great Ralph Mooney: The Strangers were a pretty serious band.

14. Likes:

westofyou (08-29-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    "usually" does not mean 'every time but once".
    Well, just for the record, how many times does it mean, Doc?
    sorry we're boring

That article... Rant... Was barely readable. Professional journalism pssssssh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    A lot of folks in here are clearly enjoying a large portion of hater-tots, and washing them down with some ice cold Hater-ade.

I'd like to match Doc's last 10k words in print with anyone's last 10,000 words here at RedsZone who is bashing him.

Like going to a concert and bashing the band....even though you don't play.
    And the singer is terrible... you don't sing though.
    And at the comedy club, you heckle the comedian...never told a funny joke in your life though.
    And that movie you saw last week? Worst movie ever.

Critics...
    I don't have to write a book to be able to critique one pretty well...I am a competent and capable reader. Your inference that unless I am able to write prose I cannot tell good prose from doggerel doesn't wash. At all. In fact it is silly. Same for music. The funny thing is I do paint in oils and it is, of all things, what I feel least qualified to criticize others in: the art form I practice most myself.

18. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (08-29-2013),OesterPoster (08-29-2013),Tom Servo (08-28-2013),Wonderful Monds (08-28-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I haven't read a Paul Daugherty article in at least 10 years and I am not about to start now. He is the worst of the worst and has been for eons. Every single one of his columns is pure drivel.
    His article over the weekend on former Bengal great and Disney Sports VP Reggie Williams and his battle to save his right leg was old style excellent journalism. I would suggest reading that one and ignoring the author's name at the top of the page.

Turn Off Ads?