Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Good Insight

Re: Pretty Good Insight

I can say with confidence that a good number of Redszoners are better writers than Daugherty, and a vast majority understand baseball better.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    A lot of folks in here are clearly enjoying a large portion of hater-tots, and washing them down with some ice cold Hater-ade.

I'd like to match Doc's last 10k words in print with anyone's last 10,000 words here at RedsZone who is bashing him.

Like going to a concert and bashing the band....even though you don't play.
    And the singer is terrible... you don't sing though.
    And at the comedy club, you heckle the comedian...never told a funny joke in your life though.
    And that movie you saw last week? Worst movie ever.

Critics...
    By this logic then PDoc has no business criticizing Votto, since Doc has never played Major League Baseball.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

4. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-29-2013),RedsBaron (08-29-2013),wheels (08-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I can say with confidence that a good number of Redszoners are better writers than Daugherty, and a vast majority understand baseball better.
    So why aren't you (or any of the others here) getting paid for this talent?

Life is so unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'll match any of my baseball prose against PDs any day of the week and I will win hands down
    And that's why theyr're paying you the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post

Life is so unfair.
    Who says I'm not?

Those memberships aren't for the servers, they're to keep me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Terrible.

If Joey Votto had Matt Holiday and Matt Carpenter hitting ahead of him....Good Lord...

Here's what I want all you RBI guys to explain to me right now. Take two sentences and explain, with facts, how Brandon Phillips can be 2% below league average as a hitter and have all these riuns driven in.

Just explain it. Two sentences.

Go ahead-
    Phillips makes contact with men on. Low strikeout total.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    By this logic then PDoc has no business criticizing Votto, since Doc has never played Major League Baseball.
    Thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Again, not what I am saying.

I am saying that, in most cases, those that criticize with the amount of venom that Doc gets here at RedsZone, usually have zero talent of their own. In anything. If they did, then the perspective from said talent would keep that kind of venom in check.

RedLegJake actually illustrated this point rather well:

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    The funny thing is I do paint in oils and it is, of all things, what I feel least qualified to criticize others in: the art form I practice most myself.
    Anyone bashing Doc for his writing, clearly has ZERO concept of how difficult it is to write 1500+ words a day about sports. How easy it must be to sit and pick apart every word he writes while simultaneously patting oneself on the back.

"I could do that soooo much better, and so could all my buddies here at RedsZone. Amiright, guys?!?!"

Laughable.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 08-29-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

RedlegJake (08-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis!
    Exactly. You forgot 5 or 6 more exclamation points though.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Life is so unfair.
    Well writing is a fairly significant part of my current job, and I did get paid in high school to cover my town's sports. Maybe if I sent in my resume and some samples to the Enquirer they would be interested, but I can't say as though it would be mutual.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    Phillips makes contact with men on. Low strikeout total.
    Juan Pierre career 5.8% career percentage. Wonder why Reds didn't sign him to hit clean-up with Ludwick out all that time.

Probably because they had Hanigan and his 10% already on the roster which is also far superior to BP's 14%.

Bob, I'm not sure I agree entirely, although I do see where you're coming from, but I do admire the way you've defended your view without getting snarky and defensive. Well played.

16. Likes:

Always Red (08-29-2013)

And that's why theyr're paying you the big bucks.
    Alas, I get the big bucks for other things less fun than challenging folks with my baseball acumen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well writing is a fairly significant part of my current job, and I did get paid in high school to cover my town's sports. Maybe if I sent in my resume and some samples to the Enquirer they would be interested, but I can't say as though it would be mutual.

Sorry, i didn't know about that high school gig, that changes everything. Why don't you send your resume into the Times, I'm getting bored with Maureen Dowd. And that might even pay more than your current job.

Worse: Doc or Mitch Albom? Both are basically unreadable.

Turn Off Ads?