Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Or will things stay status quo? Just wondering what the temperature is on this.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud

Re: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Given his contract and the fact that he is already declining, sure, I wouldn't be that upset if they made a move there.

Re: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

No and no.

5. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (08-29-2013),Crumbley (08-29-2013),Mutaman (08-29-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    No and no.
    This and this.

Like I always say: depends on the return.

I'd trade my mom in the right deal

I would not trade my mum but raisor (like always ) is right...

if the return is good => of course I would

I get more and more annoyed of his personality (I never talked to him so it is basically the way he is in public) and more important his on field performance is declining

perhaps it´s only a down year, but I doubt it and with his contract a trade would be smart.

but I doubt that you´ll get a good enough return to help this club immediatly and is an upgrade over bp...

9. Likes:

Redeyecat (08-29-2013)

His contract make him almost untradeable. I wouldn't trade him anyway.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    His contract make him almost untradeable. I wouldn't trade him anyway.
    I don't understand ,He says that he is the leader of this team and deserves more than Votto, But what Raisor said.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

I'd be up for it, but I don't think it's realistic.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Over reaction......

14. Likes:

bigfunguy (08-29-2013),Red in Atl (08-29-2013),REDREAD (08-29-2013),R_Webb18 (08-29-2013)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

No and probably not.

With fewer PEDs (apparently) in baseball these days, a return to teams needing strong up-the-middle guys is probably (pardon the pun) on deck. A player like Phillips is one you keep around at least through the end of his contract.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I wouldn't mind if he got dealt becasue I hate his contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    No and probably not.

With fewer PEDs (apparently) in baseball these days, a return to teams needing strong up-the-middle guys is probably (pardon the pun) on deck. A player like Phillips is one you keep around at least through the end of his contract.
    Keep Phillips to the end of his contract. Then I think you'll see a fella named Avain Rachal all primed and ready to take over. Perfect timing, perfect fit. If you read his twitter account he's a young kid (19 now) with a cocky, swaggerish, somewhat immature yet, personality that reminds me of BP somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Like I always say: depends on the return.

I'd trade my mom in the right deal
    I agree. I would also trade Raisor's mom in the right deal.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

19. Likes:

Always Red (08-29-2013),Big Klu (08-29-2013),MBZags (08-29-2013),mdccclxix (08-29-2013),OGB (09-06-2013),Razor Shines (08-29-2013),redsmetz (08-29-2013),remdog (08-29-2013),Roy Tucker (08-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I agree. I would also trade Raisor's mom in the right deal.
    Great bat speed

Turn Off Ads?